Viruk's paintlog

Viruk

They'll wait with painting for a while as I have a green horde of goblins for LotR to paint first but I may paint up Santana in the meantime as I work on the greenskins.

The bases are 30mm Lipped Round Mystic Bases from Micro Art Studio. You can get them directly from their website but many stores have them in their offer (I got mine at Waylandgames).

Haha, long story short that's exactly what happened but strange as it seems, it actually cost me less than ordering them here :Confused_Puppet1:

I think I may just do a quick paintjob on Teddy as I'm working on another furry beast at the moment anyway :Rat_Worker:

Here's a little something I painted for my brother's birthday. I enjoyed painting Snow Storm thoroughly. The beast is made of high quality resin (apart from the thorns that are cast in metal).

I really like his pose, looks like he's gathering energy and preparing to get into some serious action. The Silent One in front of him completes him nicely with arms extended to her sides.

post-8493-13911926417178_thumb.jpg

I chose to place them on a tall base that would resemble a mountaintop. U used a few wine corks and plenty of GS for it. I thought that it would add more dynamism to this duo, making it look as if they were observing the battlefield from a distance.

post-8493-13911926417645_thumb.jpg

And just to make the beast a bit more special, I used a special medium on his arms and eyes. It didn't affect his look as it's semi transparent but it makes him look more interesting when the lights are off.

post-8493-13911926418115_thumb.jpg

post-8493-13911926416645_thumb.jpg

Cool glow in the dark swirlies :radioactive: (your painting is also awesome, but everyone else already said that*grin*).

I'm getting Rasputina when I perfect my painting. This is the first Snow that I like, because she somehow stands out apart from the big guy spirit that stands over her (Maybe it's just the highlight on her boobs). Really cool mini and you did a great justice painting it (not turning a blind eye).

BLEH, I'm soooo cheesy when giving compliments. :Rat_HeartRed:

Here's little something I prepared for a painting contest at Dakka Dakka. Sadly, it didn't get enough votes to grant me a place in second round but I still had fun working on this one. I'll probably end up putting it on ebay sooner or later ;)

It basically includes various bits from Wyrd games - a base "orphanage" insert, bricks, cat, ghosts and a chubby little boy that I got in a box with nTeddy.

post-8493-13911926595521_thumb.jpg

I used a special semi transparent glowing medium on the ghosts (you can see the effect in the middle). It takes a few layers to get a solid shining in the dark effect. I plan to use this medium on some other minis (brilliance!) in the future.

Edited by Viruk

Here's a small conversion I added to a Teddy miniature. I thought that since I plan to use two of these I'd add some variety and do a simple head swap. The ideas seemed to be an easy one to put into practice but chopping off the original head wasn't as easy as I had expected. I pretty much ruined my hobby saw while doing it and ended up chopping it off with an axe (no kidding!).

post-8493-13911926724154_thumb.jpg

It does look over sized and grotesque but despite that I really like the effect.. I think it goes well with the Teddy fluff and I can always say that the imperfections are the result of Widow having a bad day ;)

post-8493-13911926724461_thumb.jpg

A quick comparison with the "normal" Teddy.