Viruk's paintlog

Viruk

How'd you do the blood work?

I worked on the blood after varnishing the model to make sure it has a glossy look. At first I used Blood For the Blood God paint as base.  I then mixed it with plastic glue (Super Glue would work too but it dries much faster) and applied it to the bottom to create drips of blood there. After that I used P3 Brown and Red inks to add depth and sprinkled some on his hand and clothes.

Thanks for the comments. There will be a chance for me to use brighter colors soon with all the flames there - here's what I currently have on my work space:

wip_sonniaperdita_zps6546d7db.jpg

Two really fantastic crews, I like the new plastic versions much more than the original metal ones. My favorite is probably Samael but all the other minis look great too. I was very impressed with how well all the parts fit together and I didn't have to use much GS to fill in the gaps. 

I've used Micro Art Studio resin bases along with some base inserts from Wyrd. As far as I remember these were the Ghost Town ones. 

wip_avatar_sonnia_zpsdc275fad.jpg

The only problematic miniature was the Dragon from Sonnia's Avatar - I needed to use plenty of GS to fill in the gaps lest after assembling the model. I was surprised when I noticed that it's cast partly in metal and partly in two different types of resin. 

Now it's back to painting. I'm starting with Sonnia's crew.

I assume you're referring to the fire on Death Marshals?

I started with white basecoat and worked up the highlights by adding a bit of Vallejo Game Color Livery Green. This was followed by Livery Green, Scorpy Green and gradual highlights of darker greens finishing off with a very light touch of pure black to the very edges.