Viruk's paintlog

Viruk

The paints I have are result of several years of painting commissions and adding them slowly one by one or set by set. Took me a while but I'm quite happy with what I have now though I plan to add more Reaper paints soon.

Here's the last large commission I was working on, or rather the first part of it (pics of Thorin's company coming soon).

post-8493-13911929970311_thumb.jpg

More pics here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Today I started working on Avatar Perdita and began by working on the skin of the beast. I'm using the artwork as my reference so I went for a bright color. Here's a quick WIP shot:

post-8493-13911930464632_thumb.jpg

I plan to paint the wing membrane similarly to the way I did it for Fellbeast post-8493-13911930464913_thumb.jpg

C&C are welcome.

Awesome looking mini and might I say an astonishing base. Nice blue tone you chose.

Even if I would like to see it in a different color from the Wyrds original, the wing membranes might change that significantly.

Could you please take a mugshot of the Perditas monstrous flying beast (manticore thingy) when you take a picture for the next update. It seems to have a lion like face with an extra pair of sidejaws.

I don't remember exactly if this beast was mentioned by name in fluff, as far as I remember it was described as "nameless Neverborn beast/creature" but I like to refer to it as little pony.

I will take pics of the face once I add some more detail there, you can expect it tomorrow or the day after :)

Could you please take a mugshot of the Perditas monstrous flying beast (manticore thingy) when you take a picture for the next update.

Here you go:

post-8493-13911930556155_thumb.jpg

Just a quick shot, not much progress done but I plan to finally paint the wings later today.

Heh, how does he chew with that?

The model doesn't look bad the way my imagination envisioned it.

Weird nephilim lion thingy :Cthulhu:, it somehow reminds me of the Zuul from Ghostbusters:

Zuul.jpg?1262716405

I'm excited to see how the wings will come out.

Edited by Linus Mcmold
looking for a pic of Zuul

How many more models do you have in your backlog? Also, which models? :P

A good question :) I actually had to update my signature as the backlog list has become longer recently. In my old to be painted list I have: Avatar Justice, Pale Rider, Brutal Effigy, Hooded Rider and Hamelin the ratcatcher. I've recently bought Relic Hunters, Riflemen and Latigo Pistolleros and plan to get Guild Pathfinder and new LJ set soon.