Guild: Who are you leading your crews with in scraps?

Jonas Albrecht

Back on thread...

I use Sonnia mainly at the moment as I'm trying to get to grips with her avatar, but am equally likely to use Hoffman or Lady J. Perdita is on my paint table so may feature in the future.

I'll be trying out Lucius over the next week to see if I can find a use for him!

Sonnia is the most flexible master in the Guild: good at range, totally decent in melee, self-healing, card-draining, summoning option, ignoring LOS to heavy casters, spell-canceling (which can basically function as an Immune to Influence), and she can make some cover. There are some strategies where I prefer Perdita because she's super mobile, and she certainly has a lot of options, but overall I prefer Sonnia.

And yes, Sonnia's avatar is my favorite by far. I love Perdita's avatar on paper, but she gets a little squishy and goes down pretty easily if you try to take her into combat, so some of those abilities go to waste. (Really think they should have added Black Blood to her, just to give her something defensive; it would have fit her, since the bulk of the avatar is a giant Neverborn beast.) Sonnia's avatar has tended to stay alive a lot longer, and Pyre is amazingly useful.

Mostly everyone in my store that plays Guild uses Perdita for her high Defense. Actually the running joke right now is if anyone plays the "Family" they win.

Maybe the store is too full of newbs?

Honestly she is pretty easy to play. The alpha strike is hard to beat in a low point game. If we played with more than 25 points it would be a different game for sure.