gretsters pale rider - not so pale!

gretster

Hi all, hope this finds you well.

I ttok the plunge and got this model maily to add to my Hoffman crew. Seemingly, as with most of the community, I thought that something about the model wasn't quite right.

Having opened the box I grew to like the horse more and more but the rider still concerned me so I decided to change him. Simple really, extended the kneckerchief up to the nose, replaced the hat with a bigger one, removed the horns from his shoulders and tried (I'm no g/stuff expert) to continue with the flaps of leather to blend into the original sculpt.

pale1.jpg

pale2.jpg

pale3.jpg

When it came to painting I wanted him to look much darker. His uniform is a direct copy of how I painted my death marshalls.

palec4.jpg

palec3.jpg

palec2.jpg

palec1.jpg

Hope you like. Comments welcome as usual.

Cheers,

Gavin.

Fantastic! The photos of your model do the model more justice than the stock ones from Wyrd. I knew the model would be great but those shots slightly put me off.

D.

I have shunned the Pale Rider because of the studio scheme, though I thought I was shunning it because of the model. Glad to see it can appeal to me! I may have to get one.

Yes, congrats evry well executed conversion. Simple and very effective paint scheme. So much better than the offical Wyrd put out.

May have to revisit my opinion of the model. Seems as though like most of the cartoony paint jobs lately, I appreciate them much more after they are done by someone else.