Black Blood Shaman and Terror Tots = Blood Counter Bomb?

LupusFerreus

Okay, so I haven't actually played Lilith yet so this may come off as a rather noobish question. I'm actually a Guild player at the moment (I know, booooooooh! Filthy humans) however as I'm also new I haven't found a Master I want to "associate" myself with just yet.

I've been looking into Lilith and it's all been very appealing. The synergy, the growth (although I'm not a growth list person, at least mentally) and the models (HELLOOOOOOOOO Nekima!). I have a question of tactics though:

Say I have a BBS and a Terror Tot. How viable is it to run a Tot into combat with several models and use the Shaman's Spill Black Blood spell on the Tot? My thoughts are:

1) You get blood tokens if you kill the enemy models, and one from the Tot.

2) You get to move nearby Tots to the Shaman, who has 1 or more blood tokens which they can use to evolve.

This should be relatively easy, as you can use the Shaman's Blood In The Air to push the Nepehilim even closer to him, allowing them to be in a decent range for Growth or Mature. I ask as it is sacrificing a Nephilim. You can of course use the blood counter for other things, this is just what came to mind first.

Is it a good idea, or a needless sacrifice of a Terror Tot?

It is a way to get counters, but the shaman need's to be close to all that die, within 3" i think. And if this is the spell im thinking of, it does 1 damage for every 2WD that the tot takes, so you can only take 4 WD (at max health) doing 2 to every one else, and for a 3 stone model a corps counter an a blood counter and 2 irresistible damage to those near by is nice, but unlikely to kill many if any models of your opponents. But it looks to have its uses but i think possibly not as you are hoping for. But im glad you asked this question as i may try using this at some point:)

Nekima can currently spill black blood too , and she'd have a better time following the tots around (because keeping them at the shaman's pace is heresy).

It may seems ok-ish on paper, especially if you get more than 1 enemy model within range, but so far what i've found is that since we're already outactivated by alot of crews...we need our models. So unless you can actually kill a strong opponent with it, i'd rather have a tot left alive.

You can spill blood on Nekima and Matures...but they're so easy to wound that the model will be a technical free kill (especially if you inflict 4-6 wds), and that's not good news at their hiring costs.

To me it's a last ditch effort option.

Considering how much you need to commit to do it with a Nephilim crew, its better to not sac the tots.

That said, if you can grow some other tots who have yet activate into Young, this seems ok, but sub-par. If you have like a crap-ton of Tots, this is sort of like a good way to kill your own unit that is likely to die and benefit by getting the rest to Young stage and have them hit back.

The issue is really if you're better off doing something else that turn, bearing in mind that the tots should always be speeding around accomplishing things and being productive members of Nephilim society.

Ah, well for me i have generally run 4 - 6 each game with lilith and the shaman, so i have plenty spare usually :)

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

but it would still require decent positioning to hit enough to be worth while :)

I'm planning on going with:

Lilith + Primordial Magic

Nekima

Black Blood Shaman

3 Terror Tots

so I think I'll save this until I have try an absurd 8 terror tots list!

If you were interested on growing with that list, which is pretty much the only thing you can do with it, switch the BBS into 2 Desperate Mercenaries, and along with 2 extra SS on your Cache, you will pretty easily have 2 Young and 1 Mature Nephilim along with Nekima and Lilith before the first turn ends. Not the best for objective interacting, but interesting for some seek and destroy missions (Contain Power, Distract...)

Personally I like the Black Blood Shaman along with a desperate merc (sacrifice victim). As you kill the merc he should be in range for blood sense and his corpse can be converted to another blood counter netting you 3 blood counters for 2 stones of sacrifice.

And the BBS can always take 4 wounds to get a blood counter if you don't have the mask to convert the corpse counter with.

How do you convert the corps counter to blood? I know he can use them himself as a blood counter, but i didn't see any way to change it to a blood counter in the book?

You have to either cast Inyect Blood or Taint Blood, discarting a Corpse Counter as if it was a Blood one, and if you manage to have a second Mask on your Casting Total, then you can activate his Bloody Mess Trigger, which will net you a Blood Counter after succesfully casting the spell.

I like incorporating the twins into this mix as well. use blood magic (taking the inflict wounds option instead of blood counter option) giving wounds to Lelu, then turn around and inject blood on him to convert your corpse counter to a blood counter and heal 2 of the 3 wounds he took. Then when you activate Lelu later he regenerates the remaining wound that he took from the Blood magic.

Couple this with Blood Offering and the BBS ends up with 3 blood counters on turn 1

1 for the corpse counter

1 for blood sense

1 for blood offering