Bleached Models - My Ongoing Malifaux Projects [Heavy on Images]

Im really liking the beckoner :) i quite like how the bases turned out. I dont know how to put it in words lol. But it just 'feels' right. Plus too much detail and it would take away from the model it self as people would be like "oohh check out that base" as it is such a kick ass paint job. Love the highlights on the derier ;)

My only suggestion for her would be maybe a slight amount of osl for the eyes. Even if it was just a stark contrast with a lighter skin tone or an off white. I think it would give the model that extra wow factor.

Not trying to take away from your work though. As always some top quality minis. Good work. Look forward to seeing the new collette :)

Thanks! :D

It was the first time I made a base like that too. It is easier than I expected, though getting those grassy parts to stick together took me a few moments. First attempts... scatter!

I just glued the stalks together after cutting them a certain length and then white glued em in. Also I love cork. <3

Oh sorry i missed that round the eyes. I use a phone to look on the forums. So detail os sometimes missed.

Loving the gremlins. Orange looking good by your hand? No suprise there ;) im digging the nmm colours. Could you tell me the colours you used and or small tutorial? Thats exactly the colour im looking for on the constructs of my hoff crew :)

Its hard to see even on the enlarged photo. Can only really see it in natural light. The pink tone is not heavy and thus blends in with her face.

Orange grems! Hurhurhur.

The paints I used for the golden metals were: GC's Leather Brown (old Citadel Snakebite Leather), Citadel's Averland Sunset and GC's Bonewhite (old Citadel Bleached Bone), and AP's Strong Tone ink (old Citadel Devlan Mud).

I could do a tutorial. I planned on doing something like that anway. Though it wouldn't be a true NNM tutorial, since I didn't really consider actual metallic sheen on it. I just painted it the way I would like it with the blending methods used in NMM.

Somehow your orange gremlin makes him look more like the movie gremlins than green paint schemes.

How do you figure? They were cuddly and fuzzy. And then they turned green and evil. I personally think they look more like lizards. Kind of a reptilian look to them. I actually plan to give them brown specks on the backs of their body/head/arms/legs. Just can't really see that on Francie here, since he is only an orange head in a child's cowboy outfit. :)

So, we're up to various shades of green, smurf blue, and now orange gremlins. Any other colors out there to show the class?

I am still waiting on pink and yellow, tbh. Yellow I can well imagine as well. Like the tone I use for my gremlin's weapon. :)

I love the non-green grems. Rebecca and i have thought about doing the same thing with some actually!

I think it's cool to see them painted up a little different. Keep it up!

Thanks! And go for it!

ORANGE IS MINE THOUGH! D:<

<3

How do you figure? They were cuddly and fuzzy. And then they turned green and evil. I personally think they look more like lizards. Kind of a reptilian look to them. I actually plan to give them brown specks on the backs of their body/head/arms/legs. Just can't really see that on Francie here, since he is only an orange head in a child's cowboy outfit. :)

Yeah, and somehow, most people's green paint jobs make them look far too cute and cuddly, more like Mogwai somehow. Your orange is menacing enough that it makes him look the part of their gremlin transformation. It's less about color schemes and more about visual attitude of the model.

Loving the Gremlin (of course I might be a bit biased).

<3 Figured as much. Look forward to more orange goodness to come. It seems I will be focusing most of my Mali-efforts on them grems for the next few weeks.

I love the orange haha I've been trying to find a good gremlin color without going green...I hope you dont mind if i try it out too (I'll give you full credit!)

If you can wait a few days (probs until the end of the week/beginning of next week) I will be posting a tutorial on how I do their skin, which will basically also be applicable to any other color you choose. :)

Yeah, and somehow, most people's green paint jobs make them look far too cute and cuddly, more like Mogwai somehow. Your orange is menacing enough that it makes him look the part of their gremlin transformation. It's less about color schemes and more about visual attitude of the model.

I see what you mean now. I think it has a lot to do with the sculpt though. Francie is a pretty mean little sucker. We'll see when I have finished the next two gremmies (Raphael and Rami).

This Grem looks interesting. But the base is fantastic, great work. Congrats.

Thanks!

That would be great :D Pink/Yellow sounds cool too, I just have trouble shading yellow haha

My tutorial will show off orange skin tone, but the technique I will use can be aplied to any other color you fancy. Be it green, yellow, purple or heck even black.

A bluish grey might give you a very nice contrast. And I am really loving the orange gremlins

I went for the grey on his scarf, since there it will directly clash with the main focus of the mode, the face/head.

Just gone through this entire thread start to finish and all I can say is wow. Such fantastic work. I've got nowhere near the skill level you possess but even so this will definitely inspire me to be more experimental with colour schemes

Thanks! Colorful minis are fun to look at and pop better on the board than most other 'regularily painted' minis. If you have any questions about certain color combos, feel free to ask. :)