Bleached Models - My Ongoing Malifaux Projects [Heavy on Images]

It is really easy actually. Basically you start off with teh base color, in my case it was turquoise, keep adding in the main highlight color to the batch, which was orange in my case. On the step before the initial highlight color you stop blending and then feather it out by drawing in thin lines with the highlight color. Repeat by adding a brighter color to the mix (in my case light orange) and keep adding tid bits here and there to make it brighter. If I would make it even brighter, which I am still considering I would add bone color into the mix. :)

I really enjoy how you paint, and I'm so happy that you show it step-by-step now! It helps me get an idea of all the phases and how the colors evolve, and I really appreciate it!

The coloring is very interesting. It looks a little strange compared to her hair and skin, so I can't wait to see how you finish her up and see how it all comes together haha I think the fading is AMAZING!

I really enjoy how you paint, and I'm so happy that you show it step-by-step now! It helps me get an idea of all the phases and how the colors evolve, and I really appreciate it!

The coloring is very interesting. It looks a little strange compared to her hair and skin, so I can't wait to see how you finish her up and see how it all comes together haha I think the fading is AMAZING!

To be honest I only post all of these pics because I do not have the time to finish up a model in one day as I used too. XD

I still want a bit of flow in this thread and keep it alive and thriving. The more people giving me input helps me get better at what I like to do (additionally to practice of course).

I do have a pretty nifty tutorial guide in the works. There I will be posting everything. Literally everything needed to finish off one of my models. Still wondering if I should post it in a thread or make a PDF file out of it. Or heck, even both? Dunno quite yet.

Damn you EBM that is one awsome show girl :D

What colours have you used for her skin? This next comment may sound like i have a fetish but i assure you i dont, her knees turned out really really really nice, the shading and tones are superb :)

Also that dress is like nothing ive ever seen really great effect.

hats off you have out did yourself again :)

Damn you EBM that is one awsome show girl :D

What colours have you used for her skin? This next comment may sound like i have a fetish but i assure you i dont, her knees turned out really really really nice, the shading and tones are superb :)

Also that dress is like nothing ive ever seen really great effect.

hats off you have out did yourself again :)

Lol! Thanks. She is still a major WIP. Didn't get to do much yesterday either. Only have four super thinned layers of paint on her stockings/gloves. Dunno how many more layers I will need until I get the consistency I want.

Thanks for the kneeded compliment. (Sorry I wanted to do puns. I do bad puns. Puns.) I still think I could have done better on them. Making the shades directly underneath her kneecap slightly less prominent/big. But I am content with the look/feel of the model as is and it wont be too noticable once the stockings are nice and dark. A bit more contrast there might actually help emphasize the fetishable parts. ;D

The dress looks fantastic, love the effect as it feels magic and unique.

She is a magical showgirl after all. :D

I am pleased with the outcome as well. Mostly because I had no clue what exactly to expect. It was an experiment and one I really am glad I risked doing (If you can call it a risk on a model you can always repaint...).

I worked in Frankfurt am Main a fair bit over a 6 month stretch a few years ago and it always cracked me up that the most common beer the guys from work would order was Fosters. A beer no Australian I've ever met will admit to drinking. :)

I worked in Frankfurt am Main a fair bit over a 6 month stretch a few years ago and it always cracked me up that the most common beer the guys from work would order was Fosters. A beer no Australian I've ever met will admit to drinking. :)

I can actually understand the idea of diverting to something different. If you swim in good beer all the time, even that can get boring occasionally. So why not try something new. Though... Fosters... D:

I'd divert to Belgian or Czech beer before I go for anything else. xD

Here's a WIP on my most recent model. It takes freaking forever to paint these gals. I am also rather unhappy with how the cast came out. So many errors and small things. Most of them I couldn't fix without ruining the sculpt.

20130512_114043_zps88542ecb.jpg

20130512_114055_zpsb2d9d01c.jpg

Now with a splash of color!

20130513_005119_zps49f7ae81.jpg

20130513_005152_zpsce71bf08.jpg

Just needs a bit more color and then of course the base! Then I will have the second model in my Colette crew finished. ^_^