Wyrd not at Adepticon?

Gruesome

What was that all about?

Don't get me wrong, Dan "Nilus", did a FANTASTIC job running everything and I did not hear a single complaint from a Malifaux attendee aside from my opponents complaining about the lack of challenge I presented for them.

But last year I got to meet a bunch of Wyrd people and learn all kinds of things and ask questions and play games against them, etc...

I am not sure what scheduling things are going on, but Adepticon is a pretty darn big tournament and we did SO MANY demos for people from other game systems that are prospective customers that it makes no sense to me why there would not be a Wyrd presence.

I am not privy to the inner-circle cabals of henchmen or marshals and all that jive, I am just speaking as a customer that likes promoting a game and company that I like and saying that I do not understand why a miniature company would not have anyone attend what I think is the second largest miniature event/tourney/convention in the country.

I think its fortunate that Dan and his minions did such a great job.

That's my two cents...

I think its fortunate that Dan and his minions did such a great job.

Fortune!!! That was all skill baby! :) Of course one of my greatest skills is luck so go figure :)

Honestly I can't complain. Wyrd gave us 1000 rules manuals for swag that people really enjoyed. They also gave us several limited edition models for prize support. It should be noted that they are also one of the Sponsors of the Crystal Brush.

Without giving out to much insider info, I know that Adepticon does fall right smack in the middle of Wyrds development cycle. All that cool stuff that will be at Gencon is being built, modeled, manufactured and tested right now so its hard to drag staff away to a con.

As both Wyrd and Adepticon grow in size there may be a point in the next few years where we start seeing official representation at the con but until that time I am happy with the support they are giving us.

Not really sure how much more you would like to see of us.

We sponsored the Crystal Brush heavily. We included swag in the bags. We supported the tournament heavily and Dan did a great job with representing us there along with everyone else that piled in.

The sales room really isn't our thing due to the size of the convention (while y'all may see it as a big big biggie .. the cost of setting up there and the like ... it's not) though CMON was there representing us quite well with product, along with April releases and other bits we made sure they had on hand.

Short of having someone walk around with a 'I work for Wyrd', I would say we were there pretty deeply.

Well if Dan et al. were happy with the support, then I don't have much room to complain.

And honestly, I had forgotten about the manuals in some of the swag bags, which really was a nice idea.

I think maybe I just got spoiled by the attendance from last year and I suppose slightly jealous of seeing Privateer Press stuff covering so much of the convention. I like PP and think warmachine/hordes is a great game, I just happen to think that Malifaux is better so get bummed when its not center-stage. :)

Even though there were no "official" reps from Wyrd at the con, Wyrd still showed plenty of support. The rule book, Crystal Brush, demos, and tournament support were all noticed by plenty at the con. Wyrd showed more support this year at Adepticon than GW ever has, and Adepticon is heavily biased towards GW games.

Trust me, people took notice.

Lets be honest, we all just wanted Nathan to come out and give us all hugs.....

Oh I see, my hug wasn't good enough for you. :)

Or was it you just wanted more. I couldn't tell you where Nix was when he wasn't around the Malifaux area most of the time, except he always seemed to let me know when he was in the shower. :P

And Nathan, I think the general vibe I got from the con is they really liked the Q&A we did the first year and would have loved to do one again this year. I understand the cost(both time and money) vs reward of coming out may not swing in our favor though so that's okay. As I said it might just be something that has to wait till both Wyrd and Adepticon have grown a bit bigger. So maybe in a few years.