Adepticon 2012 Results?

Fastenhate

Some results for you.

Story Encounters won by Neverborn and cheated fates radio's Very own Spencer playing Primarly Lilith and Zorida

Master Qualifier on friday

1.)Outcasts

2.)Ressurectionists

3.)Arcanists

4.)Ressurectionists(some one named Cheated Fates Joe):)

The Finals Compesition had

3 Ressurectionist

2 Outcasts

3 Arcanists

And a Guild

The Final Table was Outcast on Outcast mind you the Final was Single Elmination style. Nilus and adepticon.org should have a more complete run down shortly. But beings you are begging for results figured I'd dish.

Some results for you.

Story Encounters won by Neverborn and cheated fates radio's Very own Spencer playing Primarly Lilith and Zorida

Master Qualifier on friday

1.)Outcasts

2.)Ressurectionists

3.)Arcanists

4.)Ressurectionists(some one named Cheated Fates Joe):)

The Finals Compesition had

3 Ressurectionist

2 Outcasts

3 Arcanists

And a Guild

The Final Table was Outcast on Outcast mind you the Final was Single Elmination style. Nilus and adepticon.org should have a more complete run down shortly. But beings you are begging for results figured I'd dish.

Whoa! lots of outcasts... Probably some Hamlin and Gremlin players...

Glad there's a Guild winner...

Thanks @Rancor709

I played Saturday/Sunday, ended up second place over all. I played Outcasts and my matches went something like this:

Saturday:

Round 1: Hamelin vs. Kirai (Shared Destroy the Evidence)

My crew: Hamelin, Nix, Obedient Wretch, 3x Desperate Merc, Rat Catcher, 4x Rat

Schemes: Gather Soulstones and Breakthrough

Overview: We only got through two turns. Too many models on the table when it's Kirai vs. Hamelin haha.

Round 2: Leveticus vs. Seamus (Shared Escape and Survive)

My crew: Leveticus, Dead Rider, Hooded Rider, Mechanical Rider, Canine Remains

Schemes: Souless Life, Stake a Claim

Overview: My opponent took a gang of belles, and I was able to effectively shut down any Lure shenanigans my opponent was going to try since everything was WP8+ or Immune to Influence.

Round 3: Viktorias vs. Ophelia (Shared Claim Jump)

My crew: Viktorias, Friekorps Librarian, Miss Demeanor, 2x Ronin, Desperate Merc

Schemes: Hold Out and Bodyguard

Overview: I made a grievous error in turn two that resulted my Viktorias/Ronin getting plastered by Pere Ravage, wasn't able to recover. Guess that's what I get for playing a crew I haven't played in months. Luckily someone dropped and that put me into the finals on Sunday.

Sunday:

Round 1: Leveticus vs. McMourning (Shared Distract)

My crew: Leveticus, Dead Rider, Hooded Rider, Mechanical Rider, Canine Remains

Schemes: Bodyguard and Stake a Claim

Overview: Got to play someone from my local area that I had never met. This game was a bloodbath that ended up with Leveticus + 2 Waifs and McMourning being the only models left on the board turn five. I won initiative the last turn and used everything in Leveticus' toolbox to drop McMourning.

Round 2: Leveticus vs. C. Hoffman (Shared Deliver a Message)

My crew: Leveticus, Collodi, 3x Wicked Doll, 4x Marionette, Canine Remains

Schemes: Soulless Life and Breakthrough

Overview: I pulled strings across the table and delivered the message turn one. Collodi and friends spent the next few turns getting smacked around by Hoffman and a Peacekeeper while Leveticus hid near my deployment zone trying to not get the message delivered. My opponent zipped across the table on the last turn with his Peacekeeper and Hoffman to deliver the message, and he also got his two schemes. I managed to kill Leveticus the fourth time once I had a target in range for his spells with less than five minutes remaining and we tied 6-6. Tiebreaker was whoever got more points from the strategy, and I moved on to the finals. This was an extremely stressful, challenging, and well played game. If my opponent had had one flip go in his favor early on to get Hoffman away from Collodi and friends I would have lost.

Finals: Hamelin vs. Viktorias (Shared A Line in the Sand)

My crew: Hamelin, Nix, Rat Catcher, 7x Rats, Obedient Wretch

Schemes: Gather Soulstones and Holdout

Overview: I won the flip and chose to be the attacker. We danced around each other the first few turns. He killed Hamelin turn three but he came back to a stolen I had just moved within range. I managed to stage rats in position to arm everything all at once but I was on my heels the whole game, and when Hamelin died the second time I conceded. I had the privilege of losing to Andrew twice this weekend and he deserved it. Great opponent and player.

I'd write a more detailed tournament report, but the games are starting to blend together and I don't want to be inaccurate. I planned on taking pictures at the end of every turn in the games I played, but once I was into the events it slipped my mind. The fact that my cell phone was constantly searching for a signal and dead by mid day both days didn't help at all.

Attached are the tables I played on on Sunday. Crappy cell phone pictures don't do the terrain justice. Everything looked great this year!

post-6243-13911922988549_thumb.jpg

I had a great time at Adepticon, big thanks to Nilus for putting it on. I don't get to play in any local events due to running all of them, so it was nice to be on the other side of the coin for a weekend!

post-6243-13911922988104_thumb.jpg

post-6243-13911922989091_thumb.jpg

Edited by hijynx

Hey All, working on getting all the data together and posted today.

thanks nilus... can't wait for the battle reports.. :P

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

I played Saturday/Sunday, ended up second place over all. I played Outcasts and my matches went something like this:

Saturday:

Round 1: Hamelin vs. Kirai (Shared Destroy the Evidence)

Round 2: Leveticus vs. Seamus (Shared Escape and Survive)

Round 3: Viktorias vs. Ophelia (Shared Claim Jump)

Sunday:

Round 1: Leveticus vs. McMourning (Shared Distract)

Round 2: Leveticus vs. C. Hoffman (Shared Deliver a Message)

Finals: Hamelin vs. Viktorias (Shared A Line in the Sand)

I'd write a proper tournament report, but the games are starting to blend together and I don't want to be inaccurate. I planned on taking pictures at the end of every turn in the games I played, but once I was into the events it slipped my mind. The fact that my cell phone was constantly searching for a signal and dead by mid day both days didn't help at all.

I had a great time at Adepticon, big thanks to Nilus for putting it on. I don't get to play in any local events due to running all of them, so it was nice to be on the other side of the coin for a weekend!

If you can remember how the Leveticus vs Seamus/McMourning and Leveticus vs C. Hoffman went, I'd gladly read it. :P

Eric - It was great that you had a chance to come back for Vengeance on table one with Hamelin!

Also, great game round 1 on Sunday with Nytmare - I was basically losing the whole time and was already planning to put on my swimsuit and get in the hottub after, then pulled a win out of my ass on the very last turn - 'close' barely describes it! Probably the tightest games I've had this year.

I'll repeat what I said in the other thread - thanks to all my opponents - you were all gentleman and scholars - and thanks to Dan and Bill for doing the hard work so the rest of us can goof off and have fun!

I may try and pull batreps together - 10 games and sleepless nights makes it blurr together - but it was great to play against so many talented players and tough lists, but also avoid some of the nonsense 'netlist' stuff one worries about at tourneys.

Hi,

Here's a quick update for the team tournament:

1- Collette and Ramos

2- Dreamer/LCB and Zorida (with Collodi)

3- Collette and Hoffman

I had a great time over the weekend. Thanks to Dan and all his helpers making things run smoothly.

I also ran demos for the first time. I thought that went well since no one walked away and no one fell asleep either.

Eric - It was great that you had a chance to come back for Vengeance on table one with Hamelin!

Also, great game round 1 on Sunday with Nytmare - I was basically losing the whole time and was already planning to put on my swimsuit and get in the hottub after, then pulled a win out of my ass on the very last turn - 'close' barely describes it! Probably the tightest games I've had this year.

By Nytmare do you mean Mydnight? The guy playing McM with The Von? That game was EPIC! Win or lose don't enter into it, there was smoke coming up from both our brains by the end of the match @_@

If there is another member named Nytmare then that would be two games in the finals that were incredible!

And no Neverborn in the Finals. Did any even qualify? I played Zoraida/Collodi in the first qualifier, and saw someone playing Chompy, but otherwise it seems Neverborn are no longer in vogue this side of the pond.

They did take 2nd place in the Team tournament though.

I'd have to look at the exact numbers when I get on break but I would say the majority of Masters players were using Res, followed by Arcanist and Outcasts.