Malifaux Child?!

Dreygan

Someone said we should take all the broken we removed from the Dreamer and put it into the Malifaux Child... I've tried, but I can't fit it all in without him going pop.

Maybe if we force fed it to him over the course of months with some kind of mad steampunk abomination with lots of tubes and needles.

Edited by Ratty

Malifaux Child, Avatar of Everlasting Brokenness.

It will have the same stats and will replace the totem and its connected master, it will no longer be a totem...

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Its funny looking at all the two and one costing totems they all do more then the malifaux child can do... all of them, paired weapons on a CB 4 totem is like giving a brick sunscreen.

misplaced Sypathy is its most intresting ablity but with range of 6 and not having the discared card be random its really not that good.

What needs to happen is that since its a child its DF needs to be incressed to 5 or 6. Having his defence at 3 is odd, next it needs somthing intresting to do that would make it worth it in players lists. CA of 3 is next to having none, you at lest need a suit to make it worth it for CA. making it CA 4-5 with no suit is a step in the right direction.

Now it needs a cool ablity that would highlight it in other lists and make it intresting to take. First off make it 1ss or comes cheep so you only have to pay 2ss for it, paying 3ss for out of faction is laughable.

If i was able to re-write the model this is what i would change it into,

I would keep the points at 2ss, up its CA to 5, its df to 5 and its walk to 4/6, and add the following ability and action to the card

Abillity

Finders keepers

If this model discards a soul stone when preforming the Pick on someone your own size action it gains the takent or spell until the end of the encounter.

Action

(0) Pick on someone your own size

This model gains one talent or spell possesed by target Non-Master hight 1 model within 6 inches. Effects that reference a model by name can not be taken.

Edited by TimeLapse

Ah, the Malifaux Child. I love the little dude. I've painted up one of my own and even gave him a run in a game once. But sadly, he's definitely the absolute worst model in the game. :(

There's nothing he can do that another model can't do better for either the same cost or cheaper. I wrote the pullmyfinger article on him - at best you could use Misplaced Sympathies late in the turn in combination with other discard-style minions (eg. Stitched, models with Headshot) to swap one of your opponents remaining good cards for whatever he discarded at the start of the turn. But the required :mask makes it very difficult to justify using even then.

As for fixing him, Wyrd generally tries to change as little as possible when doing erratas on models, so it's likely to be a change to Misplaced Sympathies and that's it. The trick then, is to make sure the change is powerful enough for the Child to be worth chosing over other models like the Student of Conflict and Desperate Merc.