Stitched Together questions

fishtank

Question

Couldn't find the answer anywhere. Sorry.

A Stitched is killed. Does not die activates. First AP of the DnD activation it uses "Gamble your life". It loses. It is thus reduced to 0 wounds again.

Does it (finally) die? or does it get to hang around on 0 wounds? does it even get to use the 2nd AP from its reactiavtion?

I wish Wyrd would just replace DnD with "Slow to die", or at least rewrite the rule so it makes sense and doesn't break certain scenarios (Slaughter).

Also...just checking because it wasn't something I thought about earlier:

Immune to influence will make anything targetting WP - such as a Stitched trying to GYL - autofizzle right?

Edited by fishtank

24 answers to this question

In this situation, the Stitched would be brought to 0 Wd, but Does not Die is still on his card, so he stays at 1 Wd and still has his 2nd AP to spend. I agree that the Stitched are very much broken bastards when it comes to Slaughter. I'm not a competent enough player to suggest a change I would consider valied, though. Slow to Die would radically destroy the way they work, a.k.a I'm going to go gamble my life, who cares if I die, since I can do it all over again?

Any contested duel that attacks Wp fizzles on an Immune toIinfluence model. Keep in mind sometimes (e.g. Terrifying) the duel will be a simple uncontested one - immune to influence does not come into account in this instance. Similarly some abilities force the ennemy model to use its Wp to attack something - for instance Hamelin's Ppes Trigger forces the defender to make a Wp -> Cb Duel - in this instant, the Immune to Influence model is the attacker and Immune to unfluence does not come into account. Finally, some abilities (can't think of any off the top of my head) simply state that some Wp Duels cannot be ignored by any ability, meaning Immune to Influence once again doesn't come into account.

Gamble Your Life is a Wp duel - so a defender with Immune to Influence will ignore it, and defenders with Stubborn get their +2, etc.

Of course, the real question is whether this means once GYL is declared, does the Stitched automatically lose, or does the whole thing just not happen? :)

One other question about Stiched and last FAQ :

"'Does not Die' does more or less what it says on the tin. The model does not die when you kill it. It gets sacrificed at the end of the turn by it's own ability. Therefore you can never get SS for it in a Slaughter mission."

So, when you play at 35 SS, isn´t that weird, that at Slaughter your maximum is - playing 2 Stitched - just 25 SS ? Am I only one who founds this weird?

I can say the same thing about Sabotage and how most Arcanist crews can complete it Turn 1.

You can but you would be hard pressed enforcing it. As a TO I can choose to just do fixed Strategies and never pick Slaughter. Maybe I am drunk with power :)

Sorry for the slight necro but I had a stitched issue come up today in a tournament.

At the start of the end phase a flest construct took the free swing at my stitched. The Stitched was then reduced to 0 wounds. Since he didn't die in until within the end phase is he taken off that same end phase or does he wait until the following turn's end phase?

The Flesh Construct takes his strike "At the start of the Closing Phase", which is presumably the beginning of the Start Close Phase.

The Stitched Together is sacrificed in the Resolve Effects step.

The thing will die, and while it will get reactivate, it won't get a chance to activate, because you can't outside the Activation Phase.

Had this one come up yesterday in a game. If a Stiched is reduced to 0Wds before its activation it triggers Does Not Die and remains on 1 Wd but hasn't yet activated so does not get Reactivate. During it's activation it kills a Silent One who shatters and causes 2 Wds on the Stiched. Does Not Die is currently in effect on the model. So, which of the following happens:

- Nothing and the Stitched continues it's activation and remains on 1 Wd as Does Not Die is in effect?

- Does Not Die triggers again and because the Stitched has activated this turn it now gains Reactivate?

Cheers legends.

That doesnt sound right. That means if i activate stitched and gamble my life and kill him, i get reactivate and can do it again. Thats good enough but are you saying you can do that indefinatly? I dont have the card here but thought there was something preventing that

According to the updated card: ERRATA: - The Stitched Together counts as Killed for Strategy and Scheme purposes the first time 'Does not Die' comes into effect.

Indeed LordFett, that is now correct, though i believe at the time of posting what you quoted was (note past tenths) also correct.

Now this change has been made to does not die:

'Does Not Die' now reads "When this model would be killed, it instead remains in play with 1 Wd remaining. This model cannot be sacrificed or buried until the Start Close Phase, and if this model already activated this turn it gains Reactivate. Sacrifice this model during the Resolve Effect Step."

So you do get points for them, and kill protégée and grudge ect can now be taken on them, and you get the credit for the kill, so they are not a safety model for things like that or Slaughter any more :)

I have a few clarifications to ask and since this is all about the stitched it seemed better that its all rolled into one thread.

You would think after playing against the stitched for 2 years I would have it down but some irregularities have sprung up recently.

On a stitched first activation of a given turn with no wounds it loses it's first AP of gamble your life against an opponent. The opponent flips for damage does a severe of 7 damage. Does Not Die activates. Does the stitched continue with his current activation? He would have another 1 AP and a (0) left.

After the stitched is in Does Not Die mode, does the opponent have to continue to flip cards for damage when they win the wp to wp duel even though they cannot damage the stitched any further?

I have had a few games this year where the answers were all over the place. I would like to have a printed out thread to end the confusion.

I believe Joel is correct

Going from the book(since I don't have the card)

"Does not Die!" does not state that the model ends its activation when its killed, just that it remains in play with 1 WD. So you can continue and use the rest of your AP.

And yes you continue to flip cards even if you can not actually do damage.