Red joker, flips and cheating

Hjelmen

Question

13 answers to this question

For example; Mcmourning wants to use dissection to kill a model to get 3 body parts then summon a flesh construct. Moderate damage is enough to kill most minions if they are already softened up, but you don't want to do severe damage as your activation would then end before you cast the summoning spell.

Yep, those are some of the "why's" :)

I cannot find anything in the rules that would speak against cheating (down) on a flipped Red Joker on a Damage flip (or any flip for that matter), but I wanted to get something more concrete, just in case I missed something in the rules.

Edited by Hjelmen

Sure, that's a given. But that doesn't really have much to do with cheating the Red Joker down, if you flipped it on a flip that is cheatable (i.e. no :-fate , no Black Joker or other effects that deny cheating).

Or am I misunderstanding your post? :)

MAY gives an option. I MAY choose one of several options, MAY choose a RJ, MAY choose a lower result, MAY cheat down.

MUST forbids those options, as you MUST choose a BJ over a RJ, MUST choose the BJ over any other card, and MUST choose a BJ over cheating either up or down.

But yes, I probably didn't describe myself in the greatest of fashions first time.