35pt Colette list

Ayezik

So I am thinking of picking up Colette and was thing of a small crew list. Could people give me some input on this idea?

Arcanists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Colette Du Bois -- 7 Pool

1 Mechanical Dove [2ss]

Cassandra, Magician's Apprentice [9ss]

Coryphée [7ss]

Coryphée [7ss]

Performer & Mannequin [6ss]

Yeah, there's never much call for variation in Colette lists. You could add another Dove and drop to 5 SS in the cache (you can always make more SS, so a big cache isn't super important, and it means you'll be up to the full 3 doves at the end of the first turn). Otherwise, Colette really can't go wrong with what you have - it's essentially a near-perfect list, capable in almost any situation.

Difficult to improve on the Colette list you've got there - the models work well together, and have pretty much everything you need (with the possible exception of high damage output, but you can usually work around that).

One thing I'd say about the extra Dove Kadeton mentions is that although Colette creates more Soulstones in game, starting with the largest possible cache can take the pressure off her mid-game where she's going to want to do things other than create more stones, especially as the easiest way for her to do this is by discarding cards - not always an option at that stage.

The other thing about it is that if you buy the Dove first, it costs you 2ss, whereas if you create it in game it only costs you 1. That said, if you're facing the Dreamer and expecting the LCB bomb to land in your lap on the first activation, it can be useful to have the Doves there as they act as usable soulstones for the Coryphee. If you're not facing the Dreamer, you'll usually have the time for Colette to burn 2 cards for a Soulstone, create a Dove, reactivate, repeat, so you still have 3 Doves by the end of turn one, and you also have your 7 Soulstone cache intact.

Cheers

Rob

If you are thinking of picking up showgirls, yes, ...that is the perfect shopping list.

IF you have the cash, you might as well pick up Angelica and possibly a model like Johan or Soul Stone miner for later experimentation. But for now, buy the models you listed, and have a few games. They are really fun to play, .... but could be kinda frustrating for your opponent once you have a grasp around the crew.

Cheers~!

Fox

One thing I like to consider when looking at running Collette is;

- Drop the Coryphee (WHAT!!?!!???)

+ Get Kaeris, Student of Conflict and 2nd Dove.

Kaeris loves soulstones and has a high damage output.

Collette makes soulstones and has difficult with high damage output.

Sorted.

Hit that one on the head Craig... That is the list I have been running with Showgirls since the last GT... The traditional 1 dove and 7 stone list got boring for me after the first GT, and its only ever seems to be the same old build

Sorted.

That explains why my friend tried Kaeris with Colette recently. Any thoughts on running Sue vs. a Gunsmith vs. multiple Doves? I think he wanted to use Sue to further bolster Kaeris's burn counters, but it seemed like he had a hard time keeping up with the rest of the crew. I figured a Gunsmith might have been more what he was after if he wanted straight ranged damage.

The Duet can have a high damage output if you play it right. :-\

And while Kaeris is nice and all, I actually prefer to pair him with Tina, as the Fire and Ice combo not only kills people with extreme prejudice but controls the battlefield as well. Toss in an essence, student, silent one, and a couple of gunsmiths and you got yourself a shooty-fun time.

I don't usually like to sub stuff into my Colette list unless its a showgirl. There is just too much synergy that you lose by dropping a girl for something that doesn't work at all. Sadly, the OP's list is about all you have for 35 point Colette unless you are going off the reservation. You could use Angelica but I personally don't like her for several reasons and I only use her when facing a lot of terror, IF I think it's going to be a problem.

I was thinking about using kaeris or angelica... but since I am on a budget I was just thinking straight showgirls.

and on the budget note, another quick question. for Coryphee do people usually by 2 packs so you can make both the single models and the duet or should i just field the duet? I am thinking of just proxying the duet with a 50mm base till i can get a second pack.

and on the budget note, another quick question. for Coryphee do people usually by 2 packs so you can make both the single models and the duet or should i just field the duet? I am thinking of just proxying the duet with a 50mm base till i can get a second pack.

Personally i bought two packs, so I didn't have to worry about special basing...and because I suck at that sort of thing! But there are plenty of examples on here of people specially basing their individual coryphee so that they match together on a 50mm base too.

If you are good at this sort of thing, just buy the one pack...if not, get the two and do it that way...depends on cash flow too.

Oh and just re-read your post and i may be reading it wrong, but were you planning on fielding the duet from the start? My impressions were that they have to start as individuals and then merge to a duet?

As I said, i haven't played them yet..but that was my understanding... I may well be completely off track!

If you're on a budget or just don't fancy painting two lots... magnets are your friend!

That's exactly what I did.

I was a little put off initially when I got my Colette army and found out the Coryphee blister was both for the Duet and the two Coryphee. I carefully snipped off the basing fin (I don't know what else to call it) and glued a wide, thin magnet to the bottom of each mini. Because one of the mini's is in a "standing" position that is the only magnet you see, but I made it look like a raised platform.

The cool thing is I only had to paint two mini's. Unfortunately, the magnets almost cost me as much as if I just went out and bought another model. But it's cool when you have both mini's out, then when you dance them together you can just put the bigger base down and pull off the models from the smaller base and attach them like magic to the bigger base.

A tip when working with magnets. Take your time, and be sure that the magnet is A) in the right place on the model and the base, and B) that you have them all going the same polarity. That last one is super important, you don't want to make a mistake there and have to drill that thing out after the glue dries.

I wasn't sure if you could field duet from the start or not.

I never thought about magnetizing them but that sounds like a great idea. I can get magnet cheap. Does the blister come with the 50mm base as well? I will probably need to buy them any ways but was just wondering.

You can't field the Duet from the start, it has to be 2 Coryphee and you have to dance them together. Also, some time during the game you may find it useful to dance them apart to get the 2 Coryphee back out of the Duet for strategy taking purposes.

The blister comes with the 2 figures, 2 40mm bases, and 1 50mm base. So if you have the magnets already you're good to go.

I used the wide thin magnets for mine (I don't have the measurements cause I'm not at home right now). I thought about using smaller magnets and drilling them up into the foot of the standing Coryphee, but I wasn't sure the smaller one that would actually fit in the foot/leg would actually hold the model to the base standing. Those things are more powerful then you realize, but even I had doubts, as the standing Coryphee is pretty top-heavy. Plus that contact point is smaller then it looks, making magnet insertion a bit beyond my skill level right now.

Sorted.

When you run this list have you tried dropping the perf/mannie and replace it with a ss miner?

I find the swap trick overated I have maybe only used it 2-3 times in playing somewhere between 50-75 games of Colette, I was just curios because if you drop the duet I would lean to the side of you can't companion damage chain cassie + duet (duet first then cassie) without duet giving minus to duels out like candy so I was just wondering if it was really worth the perf/mannie due to having Colette if you need a mannie you just wait till a expensive model your opponent has pulls near a showgirl you swap then mannie replace trigger then boom you have your mannie for companion shenanagins with Colette and cassie.

are there theatre stage bases? How could I get a good looking base for Colette and her troupe?

This company makes some clean looking wood plank inserts that would be great for stage bases.

http://store.aetherworks.com.au/index.php?cPath=176_177

These are nice too.

http://www.fenrisgames.com/

You'll have to add actual theater themed scenic bits yourself, I don't think I've seen anyone who offers that. If you do a google search, you should find all kinds of examples of old vaudeville and cabaret theaters/stages.