Coppelius?

Ozz

I am just wondering what peoples thoughts on him are? As i don't tend to see to much about him and even occasionally see people saying he isn't that great, but after about 5 months of playing the dreamer, and realising he had the Auto paralyse trigger (yes i can be a tad slow on occasion:P) he is just amazing, and for as long as i have played the dreamer, i have taken him in every list ive made.Anyway, just wondering what everyone else thinks of him? :)

It's less about the fact that Coppellius is bad, he isn't, my resser crews would kill to be able to use a model like Coppelius, and more to the fact that he is expensive and NB crews have models that are even better and eat up points to bring along. A pair of the Twins and 2 Stitched is 24 SS, even in higher points games that doesn't leave much room left for Coppelius.

I wonder if anyone gets any use out of him in a Hoffman list, or if that rule is really just for fun.

Coppelis is based on the Sandman character in the story "Der Sandmann." His name and abilities come straight from the text. And the story was written by E.T.A. Hoffman. This is why Hoffman has the ability "Unexplained Connections." Its not really unexplained, the connection comes from early 19th century literature.

I love coppelius! I use him anytime I play with my Dreamer crew. The thing about him is knowing how to use him. He floats and has some nice speed, and melee expert. So when you dropp your crew off on the enemy, drop him safely nearby. When its his turn, walk on up to some big important model, and paralyse him whiling giving him some poison! I've never not gotten good results from him.

I love coppelius! I use him anytime I play with my Dreamer crew. The thing about him is knowing how to use him. He floats and has some nice speed, and melee expert. So when you dropp your crew off on the enemy, drop him safely nearby. When its his turn, walk on up to some big important model, and paralyse him whiling giving him some poison! I've never not gotten good results from him.

I thought if you deal no damage, you don't apply poison? So his paralyze wouldn't apply poison. I know the showgirls have a 0/0/1 ring that does poison,, but that specifies as zero damage, not no damage. Which are two seperate things for the black joker and its effects, so the same goes for Coppelius right? Hoping not, but thats what I've heard/read...