The Aethervox Episode 13: "Lilith - The Good, The Bad & The Fair"

Prunesquallor

Episode 13 is a tactics interview with Palmer Buss, better known as pgbsamurai. He will be discussing Lilith, Mother of Monsters. Check it out at http://theaethervox.com/ or on iTunes.

Nota Bene: There are big, exciting changes coming to the Aethervox, and many people we need to thank, but we’ll save all that for episode 14. This one is just the interview, plain and simple.

Oh, and no we didn’t use Bill’s mixing board to record this – so hopefully next episode we will sound better.

Decent tactica, now that I've listened. What are people's opinions on nephilim-light lilith lists, if they exist? Maybe with Lelu/Lilitu but avoiding the tots/nephilim. I was hoping more for teddy and maybe other woes but don't like the old nephilim models ( I just like lilith's alternate!). I know they touched on this subject a bit on the end, but does anyone else have experience?

Also, man, the tone is always so negative when it comes to sacrificing cheap models for counters. Come on guys, all success requires sacrifice, but why should it be yours?

Regards,

TV

-->200th

I was surprised that there was no mention at all of 'Brood Mother' from Lilith. One activation from something like a Mature Nephilim or Nekima after Lilith's activation can be a game changer for me in the right circumstances. I can understand that they got excited about some of the more tricky things you can do with a Nephilim Lilith crew but it deserves mentioning.

I think the thing about a grow list being cheesy is, as he said, a personal preference. In my experience, however, the Desperate Merc traditional grow list is highly situational. I have nothing (fluff, playstyle or otherwise) against killing your own crew for an effect, but the traditional grow list requires a very specific sequence of events to be worthwhile most of the time. While effective, I don't think most Lilith players (myself included) find it fun enough to do to offset the straightjacket of your first turn to pull off effectively except in very specific circumstances. The thing that I think is forgotten by non Lilith players about the grow list is just how effective Terror Tots can be, and how little is gained by immediately changing them out for Young Nephilim in the early parts of the game. Later in game it can be very valuable, but for the most part you will have obtained the blood counters somewhere else already without having had to spend the stones on the Desperate Mercs.

On a side note: I play the Blackblood Shaman more frequently than it sounds like he does, but have yet to find myself in a situation to get off a Ritual Knife severe damage flip. I think everyone with the model secretly dreams of it, as I do, but have never seen it done. :Sad_Puppet2:

Edited by Kabosan

Don't worry about it, if i can do it, anyone can, still haven't listened back to my episode in full though, im plucking up the courage to by re listening to every episode, everyone else's always seems better than your own, afterwards there's always something you forgot to say, or a particular trick or combo you didn't mention.

@Kabosan

Yeah, so much to cover and Brood Mother just slipped through the cracks. It can be a key ability though. Good catch.

And your side note is right, I haven't gotten as much play time with the Black Blood Shaman as I would like.

I was pretty sure that Brood Mother just got missed as you were trying to fit a lot into a time slot. I think I noticed it mostly because my favorite 'I want a challenge' scheme is Assassinate, and Companioning the totem to Transpose a model in melee range of both Lilith and a Mature Nephilim with the enemy Master, tearing at it with Lilith and then the Mature Nephilim is almost always 2vp.

I almost always bring a BBS only when I have (or will soon grow) a Mature Nephilim. On the BBS note, two tricks I've picked up are:

In a situation where you might be concerned about the Mature getting attacked after moving (usually 1st turn): BBS Blood Magic for 3 wounds (himself) to give the Mature Fast. Mature: Defensive Stance. Carry twice (6 inches ea.) despite the Wk penalty from defensive stance this works (AFaIK) since it's a spell and specifies 6" and not Wk. (With 4 Df Defensive Stance is only partially effective, but it's better than nothing). You can also usually keep the BBS hidden behind the base of the Mature Neph.

Spill Black Blood Always do this in an odd number of wounds (Malifaux always rounds up so you save 1 Wd to your cost without losing any Wd on your target).

Edited by Kabosan
Grammar (oops)