Dead Doxy

JisaacT

the problem with them coming later or in off a rotten belle, is that if that belle is dead, thats alot of their toughness gone without a target for the belle swap.

I kinda like the idea of someone wasting resources to try and kill a 5ss model only to have it all for naught.

Also from personal gameplay I find with seamus, late game, im looking at his resources and thinknig more selfishly with his resources at hand.

And molly is really resource intensive with her summoning, so I tend to think of it as a backup plan rather than a plan.

Additionally, if you plan on Manifesting Avatar Seamus then she will be your only method of bringing them out late game.

Being a "tarpit" model is probably their greatest strength.

The Doxy can't really shine all too well until mid game or on, the free bonus Walk has to be within 12" of the target model, so it won't be useful out the gate for a long time.

If you pair them up with a Rotten Belle then this is mitigated quite a bit because you can always Lure models closer at a range of 18", or 30" if you place them at the forefront of your deployment zone and walk them once.

Additionally by doing this you increase their durability since they now have a ready target for Final Encore.

Molly is only resource intensive pre-manifestation.

After Seamus loses the need for high crows and Corpse Counters, she's not that bad. I believe she needs an 8:crows to summon.

Molly is resource intensive because the 8 :crows flip is only a 13% chance of success (with cheating, but before Soulstone usage), in addition to the need for 2 corpse counters to summon a belle (instead of 1 from Seamus.

But pre-manifestation Seamus can just summon Doxies on the cheap, anyway.

So it's not an issue either way. :P

He can summon at most 1 per turn since it is a 0 action and then it requires a 10 :crow (only 9% chance of success without Soulstone usage).

But to be clear to everyone, summoning a Doxy is my personal preference and starting with one is just as viable as not. So when you play, do what you're most comfortable with.

Probably the most important part of the whole thing, love it.

Edited by Omenbringer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing with low percentiles is that the human brain cannot truly grasp or comprehend the law of probability.

It seems dauntingly low but you've really got the same chances with 9% as you do with 91%.

And you're absolutely right, there's no denying the mobility of Dead Doxies. If anyone starts with them right out the gate, they're not going to be disappointed. The Harem can move when papa is in the house.

And I'm also going to just reiterate your "(1)Lure and (0)Inviting Approach" statement just so everyone makes sure to remember it.

It's stupid fast and can really work to bring down the house on a lot of powerful models for such a simple combo.

People don't like Move 7 (W/ Seamus, +2" If Molly is around) Objective Grabbers that can set up other models with one of the resist debuffs in the game, are very hard to kill, and can launch Sybell into melee/Belle into "Lure Beatstick" position? Bother...

Well they don't make fantastic objective grabbers.

Keep in mind (0)Inviting Approach is a push directly towards an enemy model with a 12" range.

And with Seamus and Molly, you've got a 9" Wk, so you'll often actually be into melee range with the target model.

That's also not to say a 9" Wk ignoring severe terrain penalties is in anyway a bad objective grabber.

Well they don't make fantastic objective grabbers.

Keep in mind (0)Inviting Approach is a push directly towards an enemy model with a 12" range.

And with Seamus and Molly, you've got a 9" Wk, so you'll often actually be into melee range with the target model.

That's also not to say a 9" Wk ignoring severe terrain penalties is in anyway a bad objective grabber.

this is kind of the reason I like them as line fillers.

You can keep them midfield and use their (0) to get stuck in targetting the enemy, or if more convenient, your own models and plug them into the thick of things and still have 2 (1)'s to make use of that activation

Dead doxy I can't wait til the standard is out. Didn't get ne justice set and the more I'm reading over book 3 in preparation for adepticon the more sadpanda I get. Doxy is a great utility piece for 5ss for most of the resser family. For molly these are going to be invaluable wouldn't mind seeing some more belle style models as the game continues to grow. Really digging the combo of belle and doxy as I made belle and punk zombie a feared combo locally.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well I have been playing iwth her almost every game and I have a question.

Ok I cast inviting approach and get a +2tomeCA due to flirtatious wink. A model ends within 4 inches so she gets a chance to cast seduction.

Do I need a new tome to cast seduction or does the tome from flirtatious wink still exist, thus filling the needed tome for seduction to work.

If seduction works does fatal distraction trigger? or do I need a third tome? Or does the one from flirtatious wink still apply?

Does the spell state how many times you get to use the bonus? Or when it ends or anything, as if it does not say it just ends at the end of the turn sometime, therefore can use it on every other action you have. And you use the same tome to cast as you do for triggers, so check when the spell ends.

It makes perfect sense you use the first action and apply the bonus...once that is resolved...you check the distance. If it is within 4in, you then cast seduction as a free but seperate action. This is because the bonus says it applies to the listed actions, so no other actions apply the bonus regardless of the amount of ap used.

Edited by CrouchingMoose

• 4 weeks later...
(0)Inviting Approach: Usually an autocast, you need 6 of anything to get it off. It gives you a free push towards a model and a free (1)Seduction if you end within 4" of that model, which you usually will. Fairly powerful mobility tool.

Thanks Sandwich

can you clarify

(0)Inviting Approach: Usually an autocast, you need 6 of anything to get it off.

the Casting Cost is CC: 13:crows:tomes, the :crows comes from the Ca 6:crows, where is the :tomes coming from to cast it on a 6 of anything?

Using Doxy's final encore to switch in Molly can be quite a powerful mobility tool if youre that way inclined, too. Getting her suddenly in range for all her nasty stuff can be quite cool. Remember too, you can switch any belle, including Sybelle or another Doxy.

This is not to say that Dead Doxy is particularly good, but if youre gonna use it...

Makes sense especially bringing in molly to do some crowd control. I really enjoy dead doxy and have had great success with her. I field her all the time now and summon her as soon as I can usually. Cant wait for her model to release. Iv'e been using Dead Lady Justice :)

I really enjoy dead doxy and have had great success with her. I field her all the time now and summon her as soon as I can usually. Cant wait for her model to release. Iv'e been using Dead Lady Justice :)

Definately agree with this, I have enjoyed using the Doxy's for quite a while now. I usually pair them with a Rotten Belle.

I have been eagerly awaiting their models for a year now, and in the words of Willie Wonka "the suspense is terrible...I hope it will last."

How and what are you using them for. I can see the potential to sling shot one up the board, but other than that I haven't found them all that useful.

Have answered this earlier in this thread (post 19 page 2, and a few more thoughts in post 26 page 3), they are a great tarpit model.

Edited by Omenbringer