Seamus VS Lady Justice / Lilith

Varagon

Terrify them until they burn their Soul Stones and/or run then pump them full of focused .50 Flintlock strikes.

I've seen Lilith go down to Sybelle's Flurry once she fluffs a morale duel.

Try and stay out of CC with Seamus himself, but if it happens try to spam Slit Jugular and Face of Death (as long as you change the terrifying target number each turn they'll have to test every time they activate) to get rid of their hand.

Edited by Mergoth

Correct on Soundwave's point lots of terrifying tests can hose both armies or at least slow them down. As a j player I find Bete as too easy to handle. Popping on j is pointless one riposte and she is buried or dead. J's crew lays a lot of hate down and belles are luring at equal ca to wp with marshals. also Bete means less targets easier to kill high wd models.

Focus on isolating judge and go for hanged and daw combo. As a j player your basic Seamus crew is easy to deal with, daw hanged not so much spirits and terrifying is hard to handle. Yeah wp duels I will likely win but won't be able to cheat because I need to avoid failing a terrifying check.

Terrifying can be annoying for Lilith herself, but the mature nephilim is immune to it. As are Lelu and Lilitu, which will commonly accompany Lilith. WP is Lilith's "weak" stat at 6, and it doesn't benefit from defensive triggers or buffs. Terrifying may work against her, but probably won't against her minions.

I think undead psychosis would be your best option if you can pull it off.

Jack Daw would be a good option as well for her, as she has no way to cause magical damage and he can make it so she can't cheat the WP duels you will force her to take. Though to be fair, she is fast enough to keep away from him easily.

doesnt nightmare make them immune to moral tests?

No. Common misconception about Nightmares and Soulless is they give some special benefits.

All they do is make the model non-living.

The benefits then come from other sources - some abilities target only living (terryfying), some only living/undead (Drink Blood) and some specifically boost Nightmares or Soulless models.

The most beneficial characteristics in terms of extra bonuses gained directly from them are Constructs, Undead and Spirits.

Mike I believe it's because they are nightmares (and therefore not living).

I generally use McM against Lilith but many of Seamus' willpower tricks are very effective. Bete is also really good to spam paralyse.

For Lady J it's the riposte trigger that hurts. Try to get her to burn cards (and activate early) to clear her hand. An early flintlock, chump blockers and undead psychosis to waste her actions and a slit jugular trigger can really help. Try to isolate her crew with your own.

Edited by kanhead

• 3 weeks later...
Terrifying is not a duel with defender and attacker, but a simple duel, so stubborn and such doesn't help. As such, terrifying works just fine!

I'm going to play Seamus against Lady J too, and as it works that way, can i assume that for the following effects stubborn doesn't help either as they are all simple duels?

Madame Sybelle :

Trigger Rough Trade : Wp->13

Shriek : Wp->11

The Hanged :

Horrible End : Wp->10

Abilitie on Condemned whisper : Wp->11

Last Words :pulse6 Wp->10

Bête Noire :

Mark of Death end game effect Wp->12 or counted as killed

If I understand it well it seems a Resser crew has at least some weapons available against these DM.

Thanks!

Correct on all counts. Unless it's an opposed duel, things like Stubborn don't work.

Bete Noir is great against both crews. She's absolutely stellar against living models, and can easily lock down a Mature with her paralyze-on-hit.

Undead Psychosis is awesome too, especially against Lillith. You remove her ability to get into melee, and she's pretty much hosed at that point.

With undead psychosis you get disengaging strikes as well correct? I did a Nicodemus vs. Seamus game and was doing really well slamming rigor mortis on Seamus. The one turn he broke free he undead pyschosis'd me with a few belles surrounding and j couldn't even move away from all the disengaging strikes. It was a beautiful lockdown.