as promised... :)

this mini arrived a few days ago and I did it for my buddy.

Once it arrived I changed my mind about my Peterdita Challenge in Wyrd Plastics over on Wamp forum adn decided against the tree in favour of Rail Golem..

walker01.jpg

these are the sprues (thought I'd show them if anyone is interested):

walker02.jpg

walker04.jpg

I assembled the legs and put wires through them using a pin vice.

walker06.jpg

Since the body is made out of two pieces and hollow in the middle - I decided to put an LED inside to act as the furnace:

walker08.jpg

once the wires were connected and the plastic parts glued:

walker11.jpg

Surprisingly little effort is needed to drill it and put everything in place.

I used a white LED that I painted red (as it emmitts more light than a normal red LED) and I painted the inside yellow

walker12.jpg

Once it was closed:

walker16.jpg

with the base and other limbs and chimneys:

walker18.jpg

and the finished product (first time I used pigments - on the beam he's holding)

walker21.jpg

So I totally used your idea for the LED, it was brilliant! For those in the US, I was easily able to find everything I needed at RadioShack for around $25 (would have been less but I didn't have any electrical wiring). Thank you for the inspiration and motivation to take my modeling skills to a level I didn't think was possible :Powerful_Puppet:

next up: two projects I'm doing to raise some funds to get some Malifaux terrain (BattleFlag buildings)

first project I'm doing is for a competition - Wamped III, a unit of ratling snipers (which I'll be selling afterwards).

anyway, here are the fellas on their bases:

ratlings001.jpg

I then did some paintwork on the bases and they are pretty much done...

ratlings002.jpg

..well apart from the flock/static grass and some barbed wire both of which will go on after I paint the ratlings themselves

Next project, I'm doing with Gujozec since both of us are in the same gaming club and we both love Malifaux, but most of all, both of us love to paint minis. So when the opportunity to make some cash arose, we jumped on board.

Our club recently bought the Dark Vengence 40k starter for the wargaming school we hold. The box was the one with the LE Interogator chaplain.

We decided to let the kids learn to paint on the normal minis and that Gujozec and I would paint the LE mini and sell it. The money we get, will go be spent for getting cool terrain for our Malifaux games.

We know we can get:

854849.jpg?397?7869263?4112397

we are hoping for this

4211370.jpg?388?6850894

Getting this would be awesome:

1511227.jpg?387?4418014

And this is waaay too good to even hope for:

762150.jpg?513?2144175

anyway, enough rambling...

we decided I'll do the base and she'll do the painting of the mini. I want to put a little oomph into the base itself, so I decided to put some electricity in there in form of an LED. I would replace the 25mm base for a 40mm base and make a nice scenic base. The mini will be detachable from the base and will come with the 40mm scenic and a normal 25mm base - for easier gaming if the future buyer would want to game with the model.

wamp001.jpg

I'll use a normal white LED, but I will paint it yellowy red..

wamp002.jpg

wamp003.jpg

wamp004.jpg

adding the underground bit of the base with piping:

wamp005.jpg

wamp006.jpg

the two halves are still detachable as I still had to connect the battery housing to the base. The battery (Cr2032 3V) housing and the batteries I bought from an ebay seller. Until the housing reached me, the base remained a two-piece.

wamp007.jpg

gujozec01.jpg

then the housings for 3V battery arrived:

gujozec05.jpg

I cut a hole in the 40mm GW base to accommodate the housing:

gujozec06.jpg

I then proceded to solder the wires from the base to the small pins on the housing. (if any of you'll do something similar, be careful which pin to which wire you solder as the LED has a + and a - and if you connect the wrong way - it won't light)

gujozec07.jpg

then all that was left was to glue the base with the housing to the scenic base and turn the LED on:

gujozec08.jpg

with the sand in place..

gujozec09.jpg

what I do when doing sand/rubble is that I cover all of the surface in PVA glue then starting with the largest granulate I sprinkle it randomly, then with the second largest granulate I do the same and in the end I cover everything with the smallest granulate sand..

and then I started painting the base:

gujozec_0.jpg

ground has been painted (just a few more details to pull out like rocks etc). next up it's the metal parts like pipings and the lamp-post. I still am not sure how to paint the fence there, ideas?

Edited by Demonn Agram

Jeah i know that ^^

But it seems like... well out of place...

it gives me the impression: "well just another thing that looks like Dark Angels and was lying arund in the bitsbox" it serves no puropse there on this little wall, it looks like a random addition and it doesn't really "blend in" to the scene... the wall itself, the lampost and the Capter Insignia on the floor are all coherent and make sense... this bannerthing does not...

hard to explain... it just looks like it doesn't belong there and thus irritates me...