Guild Autopsy

BusterJ

Can I suggest you have a look at the Pull My Finger wiki?

The link is in my signature theres a whole lot of stuff there that will help you out with cre wbuilding, uses of models etc. We are updating entries as well. If you have anymore questions after that just ask.

Honestly, you have many other options to add to your McM list that the Guild Autopsy would not be my first choice.

In the end it won't hurt to have a few of them kicking around your collection, but those would only really be there to summon into the game, and never something you'd want to have in your starting crew.

To answer your original question, they can act as ranged support for a Resser crew. If you end up in a situation where you can't or don't want to get into melee range of enemy models, the Autopsies can be summoned.

Realistically tho, if you want Ranged Support you can bring Desperate Mercs, Convict Gunslinger or Sue. They are all far superior choices, and if they die they can be recycled for other models.

Guild autopsy summoned aren't terrible but they are a situational summo. You c can also freely use a nurse to buff them as they don't drop counters or produce parts they are ideal to have the nurse buff and then sacrfice. But not a high prority summon or puchase although I do like the model. If you want undead range support crooked men but as stated desperate merc or convict is better.

The are also the cheapest (in terms of body parts) significant models McM can summon, so it can be useful to summon them to complete an objective.

I forgot that they were significant, that alone can make them worthwhile to summon for McM in some scenarios. I guess I will need to pick them up soon.

Being significant seems to be a big deal. I'm still in the warmachine mindset of kill the caster. Grabbing objectives will take some getting used to. Is there a limit to how many outcast I can take in my crew? The convict looks excellent, and the desperate mercs look like good canine subs.

And Osoi, thanks for the tip about the wiki. Tons of info to go through and way helpful.

Yeah I don't know about them. They are *very* easy to kill and don't drop corpse counters, which I feel hurts their synergy in my McM list. The + damage flip with the gun and not being insignificant are nice though. I'd hesitate to summon them except in emergencies given you have to blow a 10+ crow to do so.

Significant consumables in a McM crew. Summoned into cover a short distance from the battle, on an objective, and they can really be worth it in a defensive sense.

Regards,

TV

unless its the last activation of the game, i still dont see this as terribly viable as they're rather flimsy with low wounds, defence, and easy to wound 1

They arent a minion for every situation but they are useful. Generally the easy to wound means someone just gets a straight flip for Dg, they still have 6 wounds so it will usually take most models 2 hits to drop them. They work well against guild and outcasts who have a lot of living models and the Wp duels they generate mean a good synergy for Seamus.

Cb 4 that cant be altered by bolster is middling, it generally means you are going after bigger things that generally have low Df, if someone decides to cheat so they dont get hurt thats a boon for you, you have only used a 3ss model.

Some of their biggest positives are: Ranged (admittedly not fantastic but the threat of :+fate on Dg flips means go after big low Df models, make your opponent cheat and drain their hand), Significant, low cost so can get an activation advantage

Personally I just dont see much value in them. Theyre situational, and those situations are further limited by other things (ie If i had 2 more body parts I'd almost always take the flesh construct). It seems pretty universal that people expect to only ever summon it, if ranged support is wanted I cant see why I'd ever want 2 autopsies over 1 convict gunslinger. And as to the advantages vs guild, those seem very situational aswell as living models are far from a problem for ressers. If anything its an excuse to fit more OTHER things that are fantastic vs living models rather than autopsies

I really want to like them, but theres just so many things going against them.

• 3 weeks later...

thinking about terraclips, I jsut thought of a good idea for autopsies. Summoning them up in buildings with windows/balconies. It'd be impractical for a model to run up and engage it on foot (fly/spirit models aside) the hard cover would great increase their survivability, and their vantage may make their shooting attacks somewhat worthwhile.

Guild Autopsies are incredibly powerful minions.

They often get overlooked because they don't match the Resurrectionist meta, that is, slow-moving, utility tanks. (Except Kirai)

What they do bring is a great ranged weapon to counter many crews that are probably built to counter you.

They have very limited strength in being hired into a crew, but do shine greatly with the models that can summon them.

Cb 4 may seem low and in some cases it is, but if you sic three or four Autopsies on a high SS beatstick, that 2/3/4 Dg with a :+fate is mighty fine.

What about them in a Kirai crew? i know we can use only one (as they are not spirit). But for 3 SS they add some firepower before turning into a sieshin. Is it worth t use this model with kirai?

Honestly, no.

They're just too slow to keep up, even with ranged.

I'd say if you could manifest kirai early, he transposition spell could probably put them where ever you want, but I doubt a single Autopsy would last in a Kirai list, let alone carry his own weight.

They're good for summoning, really, really good for summoning, but fairly useless to start with.

They only move at 3", so it'd take you 3 turns to get them anywhere near anything anyway, and then they'd be fine.

However, you can try it a share your experiences, if you'd like! :D