Entertaining crew list

Dr.Feelgood

Thought I might get the opinions of some of the other mad scientists out there. I like toying around with odd crew designees for entertainment and to see if they just might work.

:crowsSo here is the list:crows

35ss

Dr. Douglas McMourning

Zombie Chihuahua (1ss)

Molly Squidpiddge (9ss)

Rafkin, The Embalmer (7ss)

+2ss to Soulstone Pool

4 Body Parts on McMourning

12 Body Parts on Rafkin

Any opinion on the list is appreciated, including any ideas to make it more interesting.

euhm, well, what can i say,

why the 12 body parts on rafkin?

Well each of the Masters can only summon once per activation since their summon spell is a zero action. Rafkin on the other hand summons with an all action but may summon as many pieces as he has the parts for. The 12 body parts would let him summon three Guild Autopsy with his activation.

I also think that unless you just happen to get them that Guild Autopsies are a waste of points. The fact that Ressers can have a ranged attack option is not made up for by the fact that the ranged attack in question is really bad, the model that carries it out is excessively easy to kill, and it's death leaves no material for addition use.

If you get the Bodyparts from the opponent then sure if you can afford to waste all of Rafkin's other abilities for a turn, go ahead, but barring that...

I don't know why so many people look down on the Guild Autopsy. Yeah, they are not a powerhouse in the sense of straight combat, but everything has its tactical uses. i have had more use summoning them in contact with enemy models to occupy them while I finish objectives. Also depending upon strategies / schemes , the ability to add three pieces to the board that are significant can be useful.

I have just been trying to work my way away from the head on battle that a lot of my games turn into.

Problem with your idea: You deduct SS from your starting SS pool to make body Parts...so really, you just have 16 wasted SS here...

Kel's Ruling here.

I don't know why so many people look down on the Guild Autopsy. Yeah, they are not a powerhouse in the sense of straight combat, but everything has its tactical uses. i have had more use summoning them in contact with enemy models to occupy them while I finish objectives. Also depending upon strategies / schemes , the ability to add three pieces to the board that are significant can be useful.

I have just been trying to work my way away from the head on battle that a lot of my games turn into.

I generally look down on Guild Autopsies because they can't be Re-Recycled. Which is great if you're fighting McMourning, Nicodem, and to a lesser extent Seamus....but otherwise I'd rather have something I can recycle in a pinch.

Edited by Gensuke626

I look down on them because they are 3SS, Easy to wound 1, have a low wd count, have a terrible Def, have sub par stats to actually hit anything with their gun, and all their nifty abilities either have a very low target number to beat, only work on living models, only work on Guardsman, or all of the above. Plus you get no return on your investment in Corpse counters, which last time I checked was something 3 of the Resser Masters need, and all of them need in massive quantities if they want a particular Resser specific Scheme.

The whole "Omg its a ranged attack! Ressers don't get ranged attacks! Omg that's awesome!" argument falls flat on its face when you can't hit anything with it. Maybe, and only maybe, they would be more worth their cost if they had ranged Master (+2) but I'm not even certain they'd be worth their cost then either. Perhaps if they had paired pistols...

Sure they have situational uses, but there would be situation uses for a model with all its stats at 1, 1 wound, dmg line of 0/0/1, and easy to wound 3. Just because their are situational uses for them doesn't mean in anyway that they are a good model.

Problem with your idea: You deduct SS from your starting SS pool to make body Parts...so really, you just have 16 wasted SS here...

Kel's Ruling here.

I sincerely hope there is a way to get the masters in charge to take another look at this ruling. First of this makes any game I have played since my first invalid, and it ruins almost all of my crew combinations. Also I don't see how it is taken from your final soulstone pool, if it occurs when determining soulstones shouldn't it be (master's caches + remaining soulstones, reduced to eight is greater than). Since it states that it occurs when determining starting soulstone pool it should take into account all left over stones before the reduction to the maximum, otherwise this option shouldn't even be on McMournings card because no one would ever give up soulstones out of the starting pool.

I sincerely hope there is a way to get the masters in charge to take another look at this ruling. First of this makes any game I have played since my first invalid, and it ruins almost all of my crew combinations. Also I don't see how it is taken from your final soulstone pool, if it occurs when determining soulstones shouldn't it be (master's caches + remaining soulstones, reduced to eight is greater than). Since it states that it occurs when determining starting soulstone pool it should take into account all left over stones before the reduction to the maximum, otherwise this option shouldn't even be on McMournings card because no one would ever give up soulstones out of the starting pool.

You can try talking to Kel about it, but I doubt you'll change their mind.

Also I just checked something for my own curiosity. Technically when you are determining your starting pool you must discard any Soulstones over your maximum starting pool size and you may exchange Soulstones for Body Part Counters.

These two things happen simultaneously but in keeping with the rules of Timing, the Must occurs before the May, thus you must discard down to 8/10 before you May buy Body parts.

Edited by Gensuke626

You can try talking to Kel about it, but I doubt you'll change their mind.

Also I just checked something for my own curiosity. Technically when you are determining your starting pool you must discard any Soulstones over your maximum starting pool size and you may exchange Soulstones for Body Part Counters.

These two things happen simultaneously but in keeping with the rules of Timing, the Must occurs before the May, thus you must discard down to 8/10 before you May buy Body parts.

I will still contest that since it occurs during the determining of your starting pool you should be able to exchange the extra. The reduction to the maximum number should be the last thing that happens when determining the total. If it is not interpreted this way then it makes the first part of the "body Parts" ability completely pointless.

If it is not interpreted this way then it makes the first part of the "body Parts" ability completely pointless.

Ding! We have a winner! Really I'd possibly sacrifice 1 SS for a body part on McMorning just to be certain he gained fast on the first turn before I started cutting things up. Past that... pretty pointless.

I've always played it that I exchange soulstones from my starting pool of 8 or less. Of course, I'd prefer this occur before determining the pool. I'd rather spend "extra" stones instead of denting my 8 for a brawl. I do appreciate the balance concern. Allowing someone to trade soulstones for body parts without restriction gives the player too much leeway to hire (pending the casting of Monstrous Creation) an 8ss Rogue Necromany or a 5ss Flesh Construct. If these exchanges eat into your starting pool, it makes the decision more difficult. If you intend to start with parts, you pay for the privilege.

Even so, I have traded starting pool stones for body parts, when summoning an early Franky is mission critical or being Fast is just that important.

Edited by Hatchethead

You're also ignoring one of McMourning's strengths with this, start with some cheap stuff to butcher up to summon big things at the insanely cheap cost. Like getting a rogue necromancy out of a canine remains and a chihuahua for example.

You may just be wanting to throw expensive stuff on the table though like molly who doesn't fit with McMourning in my opinion, Rafkin is great though. Guild Autopsies are better served with Nicodem who can buff their combat stat and actually make them effective before they get tore up and you lose out on precious corpses that are needed since they have the "too far gone" rule.

Go ahead and try running it, good luck.

I will still contest that since it occurs during the determining of your starting pool you should be able to exchange the extra. The reduction to the maximum number should be the last thing that happens when determining the total. If it is not interpreted this way then it makes the first part of the "body Parts" ability completely pointless.

Regardless if it's pointless or not, there really is nor argument here. The Ruling was made and is consistent with the rules for timing.

Nicodem can buff their Sword stat. Their gun has a rule that specifically prevents any raises by spells or abilities. Their CB on the gun is 4 and it goes no higher.

Thats exactly the reason they are so bad.

I know a player who told me he picks autopsies for the ranged factor.

But why should i pick them for that.

They just don't hit.

I could also pick a belle, lure my enemy to me and eat it alive with my army ^^

Thats exactly the reason they are so bad.

I know a player who told me he picks autopsies for the ranged factor.

But why should i pick them for that.

They just don't hit.

I could also pick a belle, lure my enemy to me and eat it alive with my army ^^

And for only 1 more soulstone in cost, by far the superior choice. Get 2 more wounds, Hard to Wound 1, and that nice lure spell.