GenCon orders shipping yet?

Vlad the Mad

That's strange, mine is #8452 and I didn't receive a notification email... neither has the status changed to "Complete" =X

It might be something you have ordered is out of stock or needs putting in blisters, but 8489 had everything ready. I am worried that when my order comes round they are going to run out of books or something, and then I will be waiting a month for reprinting.

Keep up the good work Wyrd. Personally for me going in the warehouse at my work is a break, since I can just focus on one task at a time, no distractions. When I am in the office it is just so crazy with different jobs and calls and everything else. It is very satisfying than knowing you have packed 50 orders in one day.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally hope they have some random scheme for sending Gencon orders. Not saying one should be rewarded for taking it cool and waiting till the servers stop being spammed (would be serf-serving :P), but simply because the situation will get worse and worse as the game's popularity grows.

Last year things were merely slow. This year it was clearly overloaded and dangerously glitchy to order on the first day... next year it will simply crash.

It might be something you have ordered is out of stock or needs putting in blisters, but 8489 had everything ready. I am worried that when my order comes round they are going to run out of books or something, and then I will be waiting a month for reprinting.

Uh, Monsieur Caroland was in here a few pages back (page 8, I think) telling us that stock was indeed on hand for customer orders.

I doubt that low quantities are an issue.

Hmmm,

#8305 shipped, #8343 still at processed if anyone is interested.

#8305 was just the nightmare stuff, #8343 was a load of the alts, avatars and the book.

Make of that what you will! :)

Cheers,

Dom

You might have hit the nail on the head with this. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they have a bunch of stations set up, for example nightmares at one, books at a second, the Alta a third, the avatars a fourth, etc. The box goes to the first free station, items put in and checked off. If it needs stuff from a second station it is put in that queu, if not it goes to final inspection where the list is checked one last time and a Miss Demeaner is dropped in then the box is closed up and put on a pallette for shipping. Would explain some of the randomness.

I'd also chalk some of it up to just simple email traffic weirdness. Sometimes, I'll see emails come through almost instantaneously, and other times it seems like it takes a few hours. So, who knows. There's all sorts of factors. Rest assured, you WILL get your stuff one way or another. No sense fretting over a day or two difference. ;)

#8534 and 8563 completed this morning

Will keep everyone posted about my other orders got a few more hovering around within 30 to 100 orders away from the listed above and then I have 5 more really spread out all the way to #9697......

#8598 just shipped as well..............so far all 3 orders have been nothing but LE box sets

My next order is #8636 and that is an order of alt sculpts and twisting fate book it is still showing as processed...........will let everyone know about that one

My 8311 hasn't shipped, and it contains no Nightmares, only the book, alt masters, and a pair of Austringers.

It could be that including non-Gencon stuff knocks you out of the express lane as they have to go and get it. They probably have cases of the Gencon stuff sitting next to the packing stations.

My 8311 hasn't shipped, and it contains no Nightmares, only the book, alt masters, and a pair of Austringers.

It could be that including non-Gencon stuff knocks you out of the express lane as they have to go and get it. They probably have cases of the Gencon stuff sitting next to the packing stations.

Well, if that's so, starting my Seamus crew is going to bite me in the ass then :D