GenCon orders shipping yet?

Vlad the Mad

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My order was sent out on the 18th and arrived today in Japan. It seems it arrived in the country on the 23rd, but customs took time in clearing it. Still, no custom charges were due.

And off I go to read the book...

As far as I've heard, Japanese do not tax private purchases abroad.

Perhaps they sold out and had to wait for another shipment of certain items. I know the response during Gencon was a bit larger then anticipated (and assisting with repacking the truck definately showed that they moved a hell of a lot of inventory during the greatest four days of gaming).

I've found if you get the Tracking Number from your email you can put it in on the USPS tracking site to see if it's left the US

I believe this depends on the box used to ship your order. The small box ($16.50 in shipping) will not be tracked if the destination lies outside of the US even though you do get a tracking number. I think the larger boxes are properly tracked, but I could be mistaken on that one.

*EDIT* Just for the other European guys: my order was shipped the 18th and arrived at my door the 27th. Not bad for something shipped halfway around the world!

Actually if you order from abroad' date=' with the cheaper shipping option, it still tracks your box till it reaches the shipment facility (seems to be Miami for everyone). After that it will simply stop updating.[/quote']

Nope, when I checked the tracking number I was given it just said my order was accepted in Woodstock and nothing more.

BTW: good to see the orders are this far along already! Good job Wyrd.

Everything is packaged, its just getting postage information on them and getting them off now (which isn't a small job for the amount here, but we should manage it today with possibly a few left over for tomorrow).

I'm excited and hoping to have that wonderful email in the morning when I get up saying my second order is sent!

Nipped home last Friday from the Reading Festival to grab beer (I live 500 metres from the site...).

Was in the house for all of 10 minutes and low and behold, Mr Postie man did knock on me door with me Gencon stuff!!

Oh, and no additional charges to pay (considering we bought 3 Twisting Fates, 3 Teddy's and plenty of other goodies...)

Nope, when I checked the tracking number I was given it just said my order was accepted in Woodstock and nothing more.

BTW: good to see the orders are this far along already! Good job Wyrd.

Woodstock is the stage before Miami, but it may well be that some shipments go other routes, without hitting the sorting facility in Miami.

1 order has been shipped! : 10310

*rubs hands together evilly* Soon I shall have a McMourning to terrify people with. Muhahahaha

Still waiting on 10482 but not worried :)

Great job with all this Wyrd, and especially the warehouse people! Considering the volume of orders, things have gone excellent.