What paints do you use?

redben

I use mainly citadel .... but given the cost they are now am looking to trade over to coat d' arms once they run out ..... never tried P3
I like P3 better than Citadel (especially since you get more for your money), but from what I've read (and word of mouth) Vallejo is the top-of-the-line paint brand.

I use the Foundry Paint System.

I've tried a few ranges, including citadel, but I've found Foundry to be the best.

Excellent coverage, massive range and reasonably priced.

There was a good thread around somewhere concerning 'liquid pigments' and some such new fangled nonsense (sounded like witchcraft to me...).

I use the following

Vallejo game and model (not too fond of their metallics though)

GW (especially, their washes and metallics)

P3

Reaper Master Series

at some point, I'd like to try some Andrea paints and the reaper HD

I think they are all pretty good paints, it depends on your personal preference. I really like watery fluid paints so I may lean slightly towards reaper and P3. But I use all those brands often. Sometimes it depends on the colour I want, sometimes my mood, sometime just whatever is there. (unless it's a wash or metallic, then I lean heavily towards GW as my personal pref)

I'm a vallejo fan as well, they handle nicely and thin out beautifully. The Reaper triad sets sound good, but I now tend to use one colour as a shade and one as a highlight for everything. In my Kirai crew, every colour is shaded with night blue and highlighted with bone

What didn't you like about it? I've only used Vallejo and have been happy with it. But since its the only thing I've used I have no basis for comparison.

I personally find the squeeze bottles annoying .... also I went to make up a wash by mixing paint and water and when I applied it it ended up stripping my paint back to bare metal, happened a couple of times till i grew weary of it.Figured it was just a primer issue till my girlfriend did the same thing using a different primer. Maybe it is just me because a lot of my friends use vallejo and swear by it .

I personally find the squeeze bottles annoying .... also I went to make up a wash by mixing paint and water and when I applied it it ended up stripping my paint back to bare metal, happened a couple of times till i grew weary of it.Figured it was just a primer issue till my girlfriend did the same thing using a different primer. Maybe it is just me because a lot of my friends use vallejo and swear by it .

Ok. Thanks for the input. Never had the stripping issue, but will keep a look out for it.