Mako's Crew(s)

Mako

Thanks guys, glad you like it!

@bleach: no, these days I don't have the time for it, it's a lot of hassle and I prefer to do my own stuff. Maybe one day I'll take the odd commission sculpt, but I'm more likely to start my own mini range first! *wink*

Aww. That is a shame! At least you're having fun with your own stuff. I can only imagine how tedious it must be to do things for others when your creative mind is wandering elsewhere. ^^

If you do become available, I would commission a few models from yah for my future Kurai crew. ;)

If I ever start taking work on, I'll let people know!

But here's the progress on the illuminated I've been painting. His trousers need the midtones and highlights and the shoes and jaw of the feeding thing aren't done, obviously, but progress is progress and I'm pleased with how the skin has come out. Mutation and tattoo included.

illuminatedskin.jpg

If I ever start taking work on, I'll let people know!

But here's the progress on the illuminated I've been painting. His trousers need the midtones and highlights and the shoes and jaw of the feeding thing aren't done, obviously, but progress is progress and I'm pleased with how the skin has come out. Mutation and tattoo included.

illuminatedskin.jpg

You inspire me and make me envious with your skill there Mako!

Fantastic!

I wish I could get my stuff to that degree as finished!

Cheers shaper! I aim to please. Or at least to annoy *grin*

Mind you, there is something a little bad about that tattoo... It's mostly hidden under the claws of the feeding thing when the whole thing is assembled. I forgot to check if it would actually show up or not!

All that work designing an MSU cog tattoo and it won't really be visible. *facepalm*

Cheers shaper! I aim to please. Or at least to annoy *grin*

Mind you, there is something a little bad about that tattoo... It's mostly hidden under the claws of the feeding thing when the whole thing is assembled. I forgot to check if it would actually show up or not!

All that work designing an MSU cog tattoo and it won't really be visible. *facepalm*

You could always go and get it yourself!

I haven't figured out how to do tattoos on figures yet... I just get my own done

Thanks all, now that November is over I'll have a bit more free time so hopefully I'll make progress on the illuminated soon! Going to work on him some tonight so if I get lots done I'll take a photo tomorrow. No guarantees though, as I have to do a lot of fiddly stuff on the feeding blob and assemble it as I go...

Wings told me to check out this thread and I'm glad I did. My current project is a Neverborn (Collodi) crew in Monochrome with colour interspersed given a few rules. I will be checking out your monochrome work later, but the sculpting and painting in this thread have given me a little insight as to how to tackle my project. Thanks.

*cracks knuckles* Oh, you'll see Shiney, you'll see, just get me a piping bag... *grin*

DarkJackal, the one I learned the first basics from is here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/30346089/Sculpting-Tut01

But after that its all just trying things and practicing. When I started I was, unsurprisingly, really bad at it. It's only because I've done more and more stuff that I've got to this point.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Thanks for all the comments guys, I wasn't sure it was going to work at first!