Mako's Crew(s)

Mako

Ok, another update (ooh, so many so fast!). Lucius progresses, still bulking and roughing out but he now looks much more natural since his shoulders are close to the right positions.

Lucius22-03_zpsa69e951b.jpg

And since I finished them the other day, here's the fire gamin...

firegamindone_zpsdb081e24.jpg

Which makes my gencon crew look like this:

Manneqball22-03_zpsb6a1531b.jpg

The two mannequin sculpts aren't in there, and the three empty bases are the items I've still got on order (useless people!!!). But I've at least got a little paint on the crew now :)

Cheers guardian, I've got to admit the bulking feels better than the refining - much more obvious progress for the time spent!

Heh. The gamin did come out quite unusual. Not to everyone's taste, but that's the nature of painting! It's good to see it said, and politely too.

I just read the whole thread and I must admit the quality of your painting/sculpting/modeling is very impressive, almost jawdropping (but I value my jaw too much *grin*).

I've bookmarked your links and saved some pics, so expect me to bug you for pointers once I'll have tried to assimilate your techniques ^_^

Feel free, although sometimes I probably won't remember what I did!

Here's the sculpt, a cast, and a primed version of the girl, for those that are interested. It's kind of tricky to get a good shot of them all, but there we go...

girlstages_zps32fedc40.jpg

Edited by Mako

Yeah, I was lazy and just chucked them all in a row. I did debate messing with it to bring it all up, but it's just a little shot to show it's been done so I couldn't be bothered to mess about too much!

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Just for shine, I've adjusted the levels a bit and reuploaded the photo. Bit clearer now

Not malifaux this time, but a piece I'm trying to get done. It was originally for a january competition, but I didn't have time to deal with it then so I'm seeing if I can get it done reasonably quickly. If it goes well, I might take it to salute in april. On a plane. Not sure it's a great idea!

sniperskin_zps70a14681.jpg

The little tube on the top of the base will be a red flare, so all the lighting is angled from that. And will be worked over with OSL and directional shadow afterward I paint the rest.

Dark Khaki suits with dark tigerstripe camo, olive drab webbing and pouches, and black ish accessories.

Woo, it's that time again - I get to post up something I painted for the chronicles! Misaki this time, and I'm really chuffed with how she came out. Especially the clothes and the water (I had to test that one out as I painted, then do it for real!).

MskDarkgreysmall_zpsa11df89a.jpg

Hah, it's a sandan kohaku so nerr!

Oh yes, I'm that sad I studied koi patterning for a model's base:Paralyzed_Puppet:

Cheers for the comments guys, it's great to see my efforts weren't in vain!

@Intereo: I used to do the odd commission, both sculpt and paint ones, but between my day job and having some actual free time, I stopped doing that the other year before I moved out to Canada. These days I barely have time for my own stuff!

And you'd be amazed to see how unsteady my hands are at times, it's all about having your wrists touching so your hands shake together *wink*

I'm not articulate enough to express how stunning this model is. Everything is so perfect. The purple to yellow fades, her hair, Bisento, right down to the stones at her feet. The carp was a nice creative touch.

I ran out of words of praise about 217 models ago... so please, just rinse and repeat as desired.