Alternative Daydreams Sculpts

CalmPlains

Hey guys, new to the forums here, but really pumped about Malifaux. Seems like a great game and community.

Just thought I would stop in and post some images of my painted (but not yet based, bc they are still on order) Daydreams.

The idea behind these models was a MULLET theme. Business in the front, party in the back. Well, Daydreams in the front, Nightmares in the back, but you get the idea.

If you are interested in the concept sketches/green stuff progress, check out MY BLOG.

Without further adieu, I give you my custom Daydreams...

Teddy Bear Daemon:

teddybeardaemonfront.jpgteddybeardaemonback.jpg

Jack-in-the-Box King Cobra:

jesterkingcobrafront.jpgjesterkingcobraside.jpgjesterkingcobraback.jpg

The Snowman Halloween Heads:

snowmanhalloweenheadsfr.jpgsnowmanhalloweenheadssi.jpgsnowmanhalloweenheadsba.jpg

All three Daydreams together:

daydreamsfront.jpgdaydreamsback.jpg

Comments are welcome!

Quite creative! Like how you painted the Snow Man.

He was definitely the trickiest one to keep from seeing the back of, being round, but I think the fade to grey worked out well, and it still looks enough like a snowman :D

This is why the community is so great, feedback 60 seconds after I post! Crazy (but good).

Cheers

When I first saw the thread title, I was like 'why would anyone choose alternative sculpts if the oryginal models are sculpted from pure awsomness' and then I understood ;)

They are very creative and well executed. I also like the snowman most. The painting on him is fantastic and has a very nice cartoonish touch to it.

All in all- kudos, congrats and welcome to the forums!

Awesome work... alas not legal in official tournaments.... :pray:

People can correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe that once correctly based, these WILL in fact be tournament legal.

In reading the rules for tournaments, I remember a clear distinction, whereby proxy models are NOT allowed but conversions ARE, provided they use Wyrd-manufactured parts and original sculpt. I believe that you are even allowed to use up to 33% of bits from other ranges.

My models are 99% green stuff, 1% paperclip, so along with official Malifaux stat cards, I am reasonably sure they are tournament legal.

Appreciate all the replies guys, the feedback is a huge motivation for me!

Edit: Source: Gaining Ground Document 2011, pages 2-3 under "Proxy Rules" and "Conversion Rules" :)

Edited by CalmPlains

This is something I may have to deal with with my Big Daddies. I got fortunate with Alyce as a Big Sister and Levi as Jack, and the SPAs as Splicers... but in order to actually use Big Daddies in a tournament, I may have to scratch sculpt one with as much aesthetic cross-over to a Guardian (which is very close, conceptually, to a Big Daddy) as possible. Not sure how I could make them represent Desolation Engines though... I will have to read the lore very closely.

Of course, I have no idea if I will ever play in a tournament.

They're not conversions, they're new sculpts, and this is covered in Gaining grounds as being allowed as long as they're accurate representations of the original models. How can you represent a Daydream?

Because they are toys for the dreamer that He plays with only during the day, thus they are the day dream(ers) toys. :)

These are fantastic ! , but a crank is needed on the snake in the box .

You are SO right... I will have to get on that!

I appreciate the tip off!

Because they are toys for the dreamer that He plays with only during the day, thus they are the day dream(ers) toys. :)

Exactly! :)

Edited by CalmPlains
To avoid a double post, and respond to another comment!