Puppet avatars...who?

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooo... Kirai! That it one of my favourite puppets to date!

Your so close... it was one of the Crow comics that came out in the 90's

I have those comics myself and completely missed the reference! I swear that every time I fall asleep my brain melts just that little bit more... I must dig those comics out to read again, it's been a long time since I had a Crow fix ;)

If you remember the Waking Nightmares 3 issue series drawn by Charlie Adlard I have some pages from that series on my wall (along with a page from X-Files and a whole bunch of Walking Dead art) :)

Ooooo... Kirai! That it one of my favourite puppets to date!

I have those comics myself and completely missed the reference! I swear that every time I fall asleep my brain melts just that little bit more... I must dig those comics out to read again, it's been a long time since I had a Crow fix ;)

If you remember the Waking Nightmares 3 issue series drawn by Charlie Adlard I have some pages from that series on my wall (along with a page from X-Files and a whole bunch of Walking Dead art) :)

Well to totally derail the thread you know they are working on a new Crow movie?

Well to totally derail the thread you know they are working on a new Crow movie?

I wish they wouldn't. Considering how horrible the second, third and television show were. Some things just don't need to be remade. Hollywood should just leave things well enough alone.

One day they're going to remake Casablanca. That'll be the day I....write a very stern letter!

Anyhow, Puppets!

Ha! I'm a Moleman!

Edited by Bellygrub

Sadly I had heard of the remake :( I just hope that it's not the Mtv one that was put forward and they instead went for the script actually written by O'Barr... Either way I'm not happy.

@ Bellygrub - they did remake Casablanca, but MGM was bankrupt before it could be released.

And YAY! More puppets on parade!!!!!!!!! WOO!!!

Sadly I had heard of the remake :( I just hope that it's not the Mtv one that was put forward and they instead went for the script actually written by O'Barr... Either way I'm not happy.

@ Bellygrub - they did remake Casablanca, but MGM was bankrupt before it could be released.

And YAY! More puppets on parade!!!!!!!!! WOO!!!

Nick Cave is writing the new Crow movie so it might well be good. I know he's quite a good script writer

Nick Cave is writing the new Crow movie so it might well be good. I know he's quite a good script writer

The Mtv one won out then as the other was written by O'Barr himself :(

As for the 3 sequels, Salvation was actually a good movie, it's just a shame City of Angels copied the original to much and then Wicked Prayer was decided to be the book to move project... and it was the worst book out of all The Crow novels :(

He can still be pretty upset to talk about it even to this very day :(

I am lucky in that I have the original issues of Death Rattle that The Crow was serialized in, some of them did take some tracking down, but fortunately most of them were in a bargain lot at a comic shop.

All this talk of the Crow though makes me fancy seeing a Puppet Wars poster based on The Crow :)

There have been TV shows and proposed sequels but never an outright remake. Even unreleased. There were a couple of re-imaginings but they were horrible. Caboblanco comes to mind.

Whispers have been coming out of Hollywood the last few years though. Horrible horrible whispers. Asston Kutcher playing Rick. Horrible horrible.

whoa! loads of new puppets since i was last on! i am making a list (but not checking it twice!) and will update the main list asap!

if none of you frequent the 'day in the life' thread, the reason it may take a while is that i am now a dad! so time is very hard to come by lol! Her name is Lily (nothing to do with my nephilim fetish i swear!)

Anyway, will update asap, most likely later tonight after the evening shift at the hospital!