So...I won a Lady Justice starter box...

Da Big Baws

Thanks to a Youtube contest, today I won a Malifaux Prize Pack, which includes a Lady Justice starter box. This is perfect, as I was going to start Malifaux next month with Hoffman, but I planned on getting Lady J latter on so I'll just switch the order and start with her then get Hoffman later.

My brother will be my primary opponent and he plans on picking up Ramos's set with an Electrical Creation (we're more Home/Garage gamers). Ramos's set is 28SS minimum (maybe go up to 30 for getting 4 SS to use), so that means Lady J's set needs back up.

I got a Peacekeeper a few days ago in preparation to use him for Hoffman. Is he good with Lady J?

If not, what other model(s) would be good to get her crew up in SS?

Von Schill is good with almost anyone. Hah!

I would also suggest possibly a Watcher for utility, and maybe a Guardian to amp up some anti-magic tricks or to Protect LadyJ. It doesn't have the damage output, but the defensive abilities against magic and to buff the rest of your crew is fantastic.

Peacekeeper is also always good . . . .

I don't get to play alot, but the guild masters I've seen seem a little more interchangeable with their minion selection than the other faction masters. I think your peacekeeper will work fine with Lady J, it will just work better with Hoffman. The only other med/ higher cost cost minions I usually see regularly in Guild lists are Nino, Sam Hopkins, and the Executioner. From the posts I've read of yours you seem to be a large Hoffman fan so I'd say just hang onto the peacekeeper and use whatever extra $ you had to spend on the crew to add to the eventual goal of grabbing Hoffman's box.