Soccer?...I mean Football

Ok so since we've got a Hockey thread going, and it looks like a good amount of UKers, I thought it fitting to start a thread about another of my other sporting passions, Soccer.

Let's have it people, match recaps, pissy fits, you know whatever floats your boat (within forum rules obviously;))

I'll start it off, just watched the Chelsea v. Stoke City match and it was a beauty. Final 10 minutes saw Drogba have two good looks, and Stoke City holding the reigning champs to a 1-1 tie.

Looking forward to watching some live MLS games this season. Let's go Earthquakes!!!

I have a tough time keeping up with MLS for some reason. Just never been into it all that much. I think it has a bit to do with Soccer being low on the totem pole on this side of the pond, and games always being on TV at weird times.

That said, soccer has always been my favorite sport, and I played it all through grade school, high school, and college. Can't keep up with it as much anymore....darn knee/ankle injuries and getting old.

Still though, I've had a blast at the couple of games that I have been able to go see live in person. Those were a lot of fun. Got to see the US Women's Olympic team in an exhibition game against Australia back in '96. Even have Mia Hamm and Michelle Akers autographs floating around somewhere.

well my team, Spurs, take on Real Madrid tonight! Not hugely optimistic, all I ask is that we still have a chance when we play the home leg in 2 weeks time

Much as it pains me to say it as an Arsenal supporter, I think Spurs might well do the business against Madrid. I feel dirty now, must wash! ;)

I have a gut feeling spurs will do ok tonight. Well enough to make the second leg interesting anyway!

I have to admit I'm not a premier fan, as my team (Wrexham) are currently non-league and have never been that high lol!

But I try to keep up to date with the big stories. My mate is a spurs fan so I will be rooting for them tonight!

Yes it's not looking good for spurs. Wish I was watching the Inter v Shalke game, 4 - 2 to Shalke in Italy with time left.

As the closest bundesliga side to where I was born I have a tenuous soft spot for them.

Dunfermline are my team though. Top of the Scottish first, might have to watch them in an equally terrible league next season if and when we get promoted.