Kaeris And Gunsmith Proxies

Stern

Hi all...

I have always wanted to take a Kaeris Crew. But seeing the Kaeris puppet has made me want to do her now! (and get her tattooed :P)

I plan to take her and 6 gunsmiths for our standard 35ss games... any ideas for proxy ideas for both would be grand! If anyone could find female miniatures for gunsmiths they will recieve extra brownie points

thanks

Stern

The Taeryn di la Rovissi Warmachine model would be good for a gunsmith as well.

If you don't mind splashing out you could buy the Aiyanna and Holt set, use holt as a Gunsmith (he even has blades on his guns) and put wings on Aiyanna to be Kaeris.

I just thought how nice it would be if Wyrd did two sculpts for the Gunsmith, one of each gender. I'd like to add one to my Colette gang.

Someone suggested using cygnar gunmages and the 13th gun mage strike team since they all have pistols and look similar and a bit piratey which is good (I like pirates)

so now I may give them a go with avatar pandora with exarch wings... so that should be ok and shouldn't cost too much

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too have been considering a doc taranto for one of my gunsmiths... as for Kaeris I have already kitbashed myself one up from: warmachine eris from years ago, microart studio wings and I replaced the eris arms from a dual weilding reversed dagger pirate duelist(cant recall manufactuer). Pics can be provided if wanted, but I don't want to clutter up someone else's thread with my half painted mini

The Kaeris wings look quite mechanical in the drawing. I'd look for the old necromunda yeld spyrer wings and bend them gently.

If you are going to do multiple gunsmiths I think you want a variety of models. If they are led by kaeris I'd consider making them female. Hasslefree, Chronoscope and Copplestone all have excellent choices.

Here's my Kaeris and one of the gunsmiths

The Kaeris is the McVey Isabelle minus the monkey and with micro art wings, the hand will have a flame on it eventually.

The gunsmith's are based on guild guardsmen but with the weapons replaced with larger revolvers.

k1.png

k2.png

• 1 year later...

I used that PP figure for a gunmage too: http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?30357-Iron-Heel-Kaeris-Crew

If I hadn't already put a bunch of work into my Kaeris, I'd use CMON's Steampunk Tinkerbell: http://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/miniatures/limited-editions/steampunk-tinker-belle-limited-edition-350.html. She really would fit well with a bunch of miners and looks more like she has a connection with the M&SU.

Reaper has 6 cowgirls in 28mm, and two in 54mm.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/cowgirl

If you visit, you may want check out their cowboys and gunslingers as well.

While I now have the official sculpts from the Kaeris boxed set, I was using the OOP Deadlands figure "The Gal with No Name" as my Gunsmith. Found a still of Clint Eastwood in "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" and tried to keep the color scheme as close as possible to the photo.

As for wings for conversions, you may want to browse the bits stores on eBay. One thought would be using the Sanguinary Guard Wings from W40k, and those are in a few eBay bits stores. Mind, they are deliberately sculpted to look angelic even thought they are attached to a mechanical back (jump) pack. Anyway, seeing what is out there might help you figure out the look you want for your Kaeris.