Movies with Amazing Endings

I would say Brazil, but then you said it has to be a Mediocre movie, and it's not it's a great movie.

I'm looking through my movies and can't find anything that has an ending that is SO much better than the movie.

Dr Horrible's Sing along Blog has a surprising moving ending seeing as it's a comedy.

Brazil is simply outstanding.

The ending to Inception is inspired, and opens a can of worms about the nature of reality.

I loved the close of Being John Malkovich - such utter pathos.

And I found the end sequences to both Bliss & Big Fish to be superb ways to neatly close off the respective films' many themes.

Two more for consideration: Avalon (the Japanese film shot in Poland) & 12 Monkeys (more Terry Gilliam, Ratty!).

:marshmell:marshmell:marshmell:marshmell:marshmell

To be honest with Mr Gilliam's luck, the fact he gets to the finish of a movie is amazing in of itself. Watch Lost in La Mancha if you don't know what I mean, almost every filming he does has similar luck.

To be honest with Mr Gilliam's luck, the fact he gets to the finish of a movie is amazing in of itself. Watch Lost in La Mancha if you don't know what I mean, almost every filming he does has similar luck.

As far as I know he now has the rights back and is trying again practically as we speak.

As for an ending overshadowing the rest of the film i just ask everyone if they have seen audition.

Sad as it is, every time I watch this film with someone who doesn't know what'r coming and the look of glazed boredom turns to confusion and then outright horror I feel a little perverse pleasure.

As much as it gets bagged on, the ending to Blair Witch Project was sweet. The effect of hearing the girl's plaintive cries out to her friend from the camera in the room she's running toward get slowly louder the closer she gets was eerie, and the visual of him in the corner sent a chill up my spine. Subtly set up, great impact when it's revealed and, really, the only truly horrifying moment in the movie... at the very end.

I, too, also loved the ending of Usual Suspects and Inception.

OLDBOY (Oldeuboi) hands down. All other movies I have no complaints about except Star Wars. If you haven't seen Oldboy and the trilogy you are missing out. By no means is this movie mediocre.

Some others on my list Clue, Repo! genetic opera, and Crank.

Great surprise twists in the beginning:

The Other Guys

Deep Blue Sea

OLDBOY (Oldeuboi) hands down. All other movies I have no complaints about except Star Wars. If you haven't seen Oldboy and the trilogy you are missing out. By no means is this movie mediocre.

Some others on my list Clue, Repo! genetic opera, and Crank.

Great surprise twists in the beginning:

The Other Guys

Deep Blue Sea

I love Repo! really do. but I wouldn't call it an Amazing Ending compared to the rest of the movie. The ending is kind of inevitable and all my favourite bits are earlier in the movie, Zydrate Anatomy, Chase the Morning, 21st Century Cure.

Edited by Ratty