What are the best three masters?

Nirvanawn

1. Pandora

2. Pandora

3. Pandora

But i am biased =D

In reality, I don't say the rest beyond those I will list are weaker since any master can beat any other master with enough thought and careful play (and of course luck ;D).

But...

1. Pandora

2. Leveticus/Perdita/Kirai

3. Dreamer/Lilith/Nico/Lady J

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just keeping it fun, not at all endorsing the legitimacy of such claims, here'd be my top 3:

1. Pandora

2. Hamelin

3. hmmm....then it gets trickier...Lilith or Leveticus, I guess.

Pandora is the only one I'm absolutely sure of. If I'm going to a tournament, I know I'll expect to see a well run Pandora list. If I intended to take a shot at winning it, I'd probably be one to bring it.

Hamelin, too, is wicked good. Considering all the different Strats and Schemes, his crew should be able to handle just about every one of them equally, enabling me to simply learn the crew inside and out and having the confidence to run any game. Perdita's good, too, but there are some strats that she'd have to really tweak out her list for. Pandora, like Hamelin, I can pretty confidently just run a good build and I'm sure I can handle just about anything.

Lilith and Leveticus tie for me because they're similar to that thinking in that there's a lot of flexibility and strength they bring but you have to fine tune each list a bit more. With Pandora I can almost cobble together anything that looks like it might complement her and accidentally build an overwhelming list.

Yay.. It certainly took a while for someone to mention Hamelin.. :) Guess there's not alot of people playing him before he's released.. Me neither, but I certainly am looking forward to it (the most anticipated crew of Book2 - by me anyway), I think he'll be nasty - we'll see by then.

I think the ones that tend to be best at tournaments are flexible easy to use crews, Lilith, Perdita and often Ophelia aswell are who comes to my mind.

Saying that Pandora's one of the few masters I've seen go on a rampage and win a game on her own without her crew.

Indeed. Pandora on her own is crazy good, she doesn't need specific models to do well, they just make her better (and of course can be off doing objectives while she's melting faces).

Yay.. It certainly took a while for someone to mention Hamelin.. :) Guess there's not alot of people playing him before he's released.. Me neither, but I certainly am looking forward to it (the most anticipated crew of Book2 - by me anyway), I think he'll be nasty - we'll see by then.

I haven't played Hammy since release but he was my favourite in beta, I'm looking forward to playing him when he comes out and I suspect he'll be in the "awesome against an opponent with no clue/easy for a canny player with a suitable build to stomp" category.

I actually totally forgots about him for a moment (Wonder why, I love the little guy). Thanks to Nerdelemental for reminding. He is definitely top tier. No arguments on that one (And on Pandora, even though I didn't put her in my top 3).

As someone said earlier tier lists are way better than top 3 for this sort of thing as it allows us to better show power comparisons as a lot of masters are on the relatively same level. It's why pretty much every game uses them.

1. Pandora. She's amazingly powerful. Perdita is the only real bad matchup for her.

2. Lilith. Transposition and high defense and damage output for the win. Pandora is her only bad matchup

3. Perdita. Papa bomb and the family all going at once is severely overpowered. Only Lilith is a bad matchup for her.

1. Pandora. She's amazingly powerful. Perdita is the only real bad matchup for her.

2. Lilith. Transposition and high defense and damage output for the win. Pandora is her only bad matchup

3. Perdita. Papa bomb and the family all going at once is severely overpowered. Only Lilith is a bad matchup for her.

You just described a game of rock-paper-scissors...

welcome to miniature gaming? the whole core of miniature gaming is the strategy involved with moving your individual pieces around to create favorable matchups. In essence making sure your scissors cuts my paper. while the above three are a rock papers scissors matchup in my opinion, I think they are a nuclear bomb against every single other master in the game, which is why I rank them so highly

(edit: because as a single sentence that could be interpreted rudely)

Edited by Dolomyte

Brilliant!

Hello, i can only compare the few masters i have played with and against (not many players around) my top 3...

1.- Pandora, i just hate her, she is a nightmare to play against, she has to be banned from malifaux. Did i already said that i hate her?

2.- Zoraida, beautyful and fun to play, devastating in treasure hunt and claim jump.

3.- sorry, do not have a number 3, Ramos, Rasputina, Marcus and lady j always loose against pandi and Z