30mm base weights.

Ratty

What do you use to cut them in two to make room for the slot?

I don't but then again I haven't needed any for Malifaux. I used a bunch for a Tyranid army I painted a while back and I was lucky enough that they were the same diameter as a small base so I just painted them as part of the base. I guess you would need to do some shopping for 30mm washers but I'm sure there is something that will be a close fit. I also just thought about fishing wieghts. I'm sure you can cut a few of those down and glue them on.

Nothing like that, though Privateer press sales pewter bases with the slot in them (in 30mm, 40mm, and 50mm). From what I remember they are rather pricey.

I just fill mine with green stuff (or milliput which is a litle cheaper) and call it a day. I dont use the tabs on the models so not having the slot doesn't impact me in the least.

I cut my models off the tab as well. When I need to weight a base, I'll usually build a plinth of some sort, like a tree stump or piece of rock made out of putty, and pin the figure to that. I've never needed more weight than that, but if I did, say for a figure that is really off balance, I'd bury a lead fishing weight inside. They're very inexpensive, small, and quite heavy for their size.

I havn't used the actual slot in a slotta base in forever!

And I've found that pennies are not weighty enough with metal minis. A nickel is the right size and the weight is substantial enough to help balance...

However, in case the US Mint is monitoring this. I do not condone the defacing of Legally Issued tender in any way... ;)

Impact miniatures makes these for 25mm GW slotta bases.

http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=basing_profile&id=SP_BSWL

I was wondering if anyone knew of any companies that make these for Malifaux/Warmachine style 30mm bases?

Didn't Privateer make metal round lip bases, those would solve your issue.

Edited by jmp_mydog

I've never tried it, but I've often considered gluing some bird shot into the bottom. Should be fairly heavy for the amount of space available and adapts to any size base. Wouldn't recommend it for anyone with kids, though. Maybe if you covered it with a very thick layer of glue/epoxy.

...I've found that pennies are not weighty enough with metal minis. A nickel is the right size and the weight is substantial enough to help balance...

However, in case the US Mint is monitoring this. I do not condone the defacing of Legally Issued tender in any way... ;)

If the U.S Mint is listening, Nickels and Pennies are urban code for steel and copper Washers available at the local DIY store.

I doubt that the U.S. Mint would care all too much. Considering that the mint is a company comissioned by the government, they would likely profit the most from the defacing of the nation's money.

The government itself, however, would be that which would get miffed; it is the government that is paying for the manufacture of the tangible supply of money.

According to the United States Codes under Title 18, Chapter 17, and Section 331 "Whoever fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates, impairs, diminishes, falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins coined at the mints of the United States, or any foreign coins which are by law made current or are in actual use or circulation as money within the United States; or

. . .

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."

As long as you are not altering the coin to commit fraud you can do it. This is the same reason it is legal to put a penny in a machine and have it turned into a pressed penny souvenir.