Munkey's Little Painting Blog

MunkeyKungFu

I suppose the title really says it all. This will be a nice little placeholder to stick my updates (Well hopefully) on my Malifaux painting and further more battle reports. Our gaming group has gone from 0 Malifaux players to nearly 20 in the space of a few months. As such it's only fair to start getting my Gangs painted, especially as this will help me with applying for Henchmen status :D

Anyway onto the juicy stuff. So far I have 2 crews, Lady J & Pandora. It was a tough fight but Lady J gets my love first. Thought I would wet peoples appetites with a few in progress shots.

5159179886_3334a75511.jpg

Untitled by imacamelshump, on Flickr

5158590463_7c98bcaabd.jpg

Untitled by imacamelshump, on Flickr

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers. This is the first time I have really used a white undercoat and I must say I much prefer it. You can water the paints down a lot more and its a lot better for picking out lighter colours. I made some progress last night including bringing up the red colour a bit more as that picture was taking just after I did a wash. I will get another photo up tonight.

Quick update. Lady J is nearly finished. I am quite impressed with how it is coming out considering I haven't spent much time on her. It's amazing how much you can do in between map rotation on Black Ops :D Everything on her is done, except for the hair and I am a little stumpt on what colour would suit.

5161678247_ea202b2b78.jpg

Quick update. Lady J is nearly finished. I am quite impressed with how it is coming out considering I haven't spent much time on her. It's amazing how much you can do in between map rotation on Black Ops :D Everything on her is done, except for the hair and I am a little stumpt on what colour would suit.

5161678247_ea202b2b78.jpg

Really nice, you might consider doing the hair white, even with just the primer it could be very striking.

Small Update time, I've not been able to do much as I ended up going diving over the weekend but still something is better than nothing.

My first Death Marshall. the photo looks a little shiny as it was taken just after I had applied the wash. This will be lighter when it is finished.

5176557202_2ce6e57d00.jpg

Governer's Proxy

5176559486_ea7afc5eea.jpg

Judge

5175957589_a84e2d8c9c.jpg

Death Marshall

5175959531_3773889d1a.jpg

C&C Always welcome.

Edited by MunkeyKungFu

I'm sure eyes are harder working off white.

That wasnt the problem. I didn't have the right brish to hand which didnt help so payday will see me buying some smaller ones.

I'd already painted the entire face with flesh so it was just a case of paint the whole eye black, then white over the top trying to leave a black outline and then a black blob in the middle. This guy is now finished. I'm not massively happy with the text on the book but I will revisit it at the end after I have painted all the crews bases.