Unexplaned connection

tadaka

Lucius and the eye ball freak one and the same? If he is a guildsman it would explain how hoffman can hire him.

Things to note.

The color picture in the book Lucius has a very odd skin tone for a human.

Both have clawed hands

Notice the back of Coppelius. On the back of his jacket he has a double arrow that's the same as the one on Lucius.

Just a thought.

Nope, the abilty is a referance to the fact Coppelius is based on the German sandman which was written by C. Hoffma (Nathan confrimed this himself)

OR!

he was using this easily connectible story to cover up the fact that LUCIUS IS A NEVERBORN! think about it! Neverborn Mask... he wears a mask!

They both have white hair. >.> they used the C. Hoffma excuse as a ploy to throw us of their trail

it would be FAR TOO OBVIOUS if Coppelius could join ANY guild group so they just used C. Hoffma as a scapegoat ya know?

[[i love lucius and I thought of this idea when I first saw him and his mask lol just I didn't want to be a nerd and post it.]]

nice refrence

looks like MANY of the Malifaux characters and minions are(at least in name or purpose) pulled from his character "roles"

Note the list:

Student (Of conflict)

Child (Of Malifaux)

Courtasan (Kirai)

Inventor(Ramos)

Young Girl (Candy)

Singer (Collette)

Mechanical Doll (ha, Take your pick!)

OR!

he was using this easily connectible story to cover up the fact that LUCIUS IS A NEVERBORN! think about it! Neverborn Mask... he wears a mask!

They both have white hair. >.> they used the C. Hoffma excuse as a ploy to throw us of their trail

it would be FAR TOO OBVIOUS if Coppelius could join ANY guild group so they just used C. Hoffma as a scapegoat ya know?

[[i love lucius and I thought of this idea when I first saw him and his mask lol just I didn't want to be a nerd and post it.]]

No isn't Lucius isn't Coppelius, but Lucius pobably is Neverborn or a pawn of one of the Tryants, also note when Hoffman he couldn't identify what kind of accent Lucius had it's not a lot, but could mean somthing(i think i've said this before ^_^)

Edited by Sliver Chocobo

can only be seen by children?

wheres that from :|

Sorry my mistake, it say's only a child has seem him and survied

Don't you know yet? He is a wicked man...in their eyes till they bleed out of their heads. he takes the eyes...as food for his children

Here's an interesting question what does it mean by as food for his children?

I just skimmed through the German Sandman by Hoffman and its wiki entry and noticed some interesting stuff. Don't qoute me exactly, but take a look and be your own judge.

This is what quickly jumped out at me along with a few minor cross references.

Coppelius was a Lawyer. -Lucius allows access to the special forces unit which the Lawyer model is a part of.

While working with Coppelius, Nathanniel's father takes on a pained countenance which twists his features to look like those of Coppelius. -Those in association take on a similar appearance??

During the slaying of Nathanniel's father he refers to Coppelius as a devil, specifically, and in some interpretations of the story Coppelius is viewed as a source of great evil, all evil, or the evil that lurks in all men. - Much closer to our society's interpretation of the Devil then the western, dream spreading, Sandman. And two common names for that concept are Satan and Lucifer. Im sure you can see the similarity between the mytholgic name and the character name.

Later in the story Coppelius takes on the form of a different man. -Ability to change his appearance. Penchant for deception. Ever hear of that Lord of Lies title???

In the Rising Powers rule book, read the last paragraph of the Lawyers description, specifically the part about how they all sign a contract, yet never reveal to whom. -Definitely an allusion to the infernal.

Now Im not saying that they are all one and the same, Im just noting the few things that came to my attention rather quickly. The only thing you can put me on record for being 100% sure of is - I don't think that parallels of this frequency are solely coincidental. There is some connection between these characters besides what has already been stated.

That being said, the soap box is there for whoever wants it next.

Nope, the abilty is a referance to the fact Coppelius is based on the German sandman which was written by C. Hoffman (Nathan confrimed this himself)

I brought this up, Nathan confirmed it. Any amount of basic research will show that Coppelous is the old German name for a sand man like figure, that removed the eyes of children if they didnt sleep. Hoffman was the author. anyone who will say that Coppy is Lucius is basing in ill facts, coppys fingers are much longer, and the fact that they have white hair is a coincidence in the same way that lady j and lilith have red hair. coppy is balding and Lucius is in a victorian wig, usually worn by people in positions of power, the fact remains that I myself believe Lucious is a neverborn, but in no way is he coppelious.

. . .

coppy is balding and Lucius is in a victorian wig, usually worn by people in positions of power, the fact remains that I myself believe Lucious is a neverborn, but in no way is he coppelious.

Neverborn is a Faction so if he were a Neverborn he would have it listed as a characteristic just like Killjoy does. Do you mean you think he is a Nephilim or a native creature of Malifaux?

Neverborn is a Faction so if he were a Neverborn he would have it listed as a characteristic just like Killjoy does. Do you mean you think he is a Nephilim or a native creature of Malifaux?

Your thinking Game rules. but in the fiction it's almost stated that both the Governor and Lucius are something not human, that suggest they might be Neverborn, which is the term the malifaux citizens use for native creatures of the world.

Exactly, I am speaking purely of fiction, not anything to do with rules as of now, the world is somthing completely separate. Nathan did not say they were seperate people (coppy and Lucius) this is my belief, but in reality, the two are very different and even on the level of persona, Coppy seems more like a force than a person. Lucius is somthing far more wicked, he seems to have a power all his own.

About the fiction, I'm not sure that those two has anything to do with one another.

I'm thinking that the Governor General is (or will become) one tyrant entity, and that the Lucius will be/is his herald (avatar). And that Hofmann is going to use some Neverborn help to get rid of these Tyrants, and that Coppelius will be the first that would help him.

I'll wait the release of third book with those thoughts.

• 1 year later...