The Star Presents "Fire and Ice"

Mentat_Canis

So I started with Colette who I really love and I have her box set with the Corphy. I am looking into a second Master so I can do brawls.

My first thought was Ramos because with the Mobile toolbox you can just make fools disappear, and also since Colette has so many constructs Ramos could help them. But I really don't like the Models for Ramos and his crew so that is not what I am thinking about.

The Idea I wanted to talk about is well "The Star Presents Fire and Ice". So my thought was Colette with Cassandra and the Corphy with 2-3 doves as my Colette Core and as my other Master have Rasputina with the Essence of Power then to throw the loop into all of this is bring Kaeris. So with this I am at 37 points with only 2 doves. So my question is to get to say 50 points what else.

Options:

Performer and Mannequin

December Acolyte

Silent One

Soulstoone Miner

Johan

Totem for Kaeris

I don't have any models but the Colette stuff yet but buying the stuff doesn't bother me.

Thoughts on the list in general and what I should bring would be greatly appreciated. I will be honest I do not like the Gamin the Golem or the Hoarcat Models so I would doubt I would get them even if they would be the best models to put in.

So I started with Colette who I really love and I have her box set with the Corphy. I am looking into a second Master so I can do brawls.

My first thought was Ramos because with the Mobile toolbox you can just make fools disappear, and also since Colette has so many constructs Ramos could help them. But I really don't like the Models for Ramos and his crew so that is not what I am thinking about.

The Idea I wanted to talk about is well "The Star Presents Fire and Ice". So my thought was Colette with Cassandra and the Corphy with 2-3 doves as my Colette Core and as my other Master have Rasputina with the Essence of Power then to throw the loop into all of this is bring Kaeris. So with this I am at 37 points with only 2 doves. So my question is to get to say 50 points what else.

Options:

Performer and Mannequin

December Acolyte

Silent One

Soulstoone Miner

Johan

Totem for Kaeris

I don't have any models but the Colette stuff yet but buying the stuff doesn't bother me.

Thoughts on the list in general and what I should bring would be greatly appreciated. I will be honest I do not like the Gamin the Golem or the Hoarcat Models so I would doubt I would get them even if they would be the best models to put in.

Well,

I love silent ones, but that's mainly because they make crews of Frozen Heart models very hard to deal with. One option is to run Kaeris and Rasputina within a few inches of eachother (so Raspy makes Kaeris Frozen) and have a Silent One buffing their ranged attacks/spells. Both of these ladies are very good "turrets" to be tossing out a ton of firepower (or..ice..power..hah..). They both also afford you a great deal of board control with their placeable 50mm bases.

I'd definitely get Kaeris a totem. Can she have an essence of power as well? If so, I'd do that. 6 for the Silent one gets you 43, and 2 for Essence makes it 45. This should leave you with enough Stones for a final dove and max SS for a brawl.

Hope this helps.

d

Thank you for your advise Silent one does work more for my fluff too so that works. I just kinda don't like putting that many stones into totems because that would be 10 soulstones worth of totems and well I will have to get some games in to see how this work and I can't wait for the models.

Please if anyone else has suggestions tell me.

but ou could cheeze it and split the essence between raspy and kearis. have one of the 2 ladies go then activate the totem link to another girl and then activate the other (throwing in companion helps ass it costs 1 less activation) and on the next turn go with the linked one then totem and link the other. problem is that someone can get the totem in between activations and mess it up but your sharing.

I think the name "Fire and Ice" would be more apropos for Rasputina and Kaeris though in a brawl you could have Rasputina, Colette and Kaeris as a Henchman.

Myranda is still a valid option to take. Marcus has a larger variety of beasts he can take with Rising Powers, though most are not out yet. Also, he doesn't really go with the Fire and Ice theme either.

Essence of Power is not connected to any specific master so Kaeris can take it as her totem.

If you are also into card control try to squeeze in the Freikorps Librarian. He also has Arcane reservoir. Between him, 'Tina and Brawl rules you will be holding 9 control cards *goes giddy*

Now, to do some research on a Ramos and Rasputina combination combining Freik-rarian and Rusty Alyce to draw 11 cards a turn and keep the best 9...

I like how I do have a base for good card and solestone management. With Raspy I will have 8 cards which is great, 4 of those can be changed into solestones a turn, plus I can draw a 9th card with Kaeris' 0 action, There are also several surge triggers out there to only have the best cards I want to cast with.

I like the ideas I have been given but what do you think will work best with Raspy because I feel that I am not supporting her enough, I don't know if I should go with a Silent one or if I should get a melee beatstick or a ranged threat.

The one Key to my list is that I have 5 big threats that can use solestones.

If you are also into card control try to squeeze in the Freikorps Librarian. He also has Arcane reservoir. Between him, 'Tina and Brawl rules you will be holding 9 control cards *goes giddy*

Now, to do some research on a Ramos and Rasputina combination combining Freik-rarian and Rusty Alyce to draw 11 cards a turn and keep the best 9...

Sorry Arcane reservoir does not stack within the crew. Plus the bonus card from the librarian is lost on his turn typically. On the plus side I believe Cards drawn with Rusty Alice can take you beyond your hand size.

Phil

Sorry Arcane reservoir does not stack within the crew. Plus the bonus card from the librarian is lost on his turn typically. On the plus side I believe Cards drawn with Rusty Alice can take you beyond your hand size.

Phil

May I inquire as to where you got this information? I have read Arcane Reservoir and don't see why it doesn't stack.

They both say "Increase Crew's Maximum Hand size by 1 while this model is in play"

Lol, and not to be completely contrary but I am also certain Rusty Alyce only allows you to draw an extra two cards but you must then discard down to your maximum handsize.

Speaking of which from everything I have read I am also saddened that I do not think I can combine Rusty Alyce, Freikorps Librarian, 'Tina and Kaeris in a Brawl. It would have been awesome to draw 12 cards and keep the best 9 every turn. Stupid Freikorps rule *sad face*