Storyline Events... missing? Or not up yet...

With the introduction of the new rule book interest was generated in Malifaux. A greater degree of focus was put on the game, many people wanted to play and sought out the figures and places to play.

Sadly release dates have been pushed back, causing people frustration. Not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself. Wyrd is a new company, people will endure... for a time.

One thing Wyrd can control is the story line events that are supposed to be on the website. There is a url link in the new rule book directing them to a website. If you go there it is true story line events are listed (Christmas and Holloween). The ones for the new Encounters are not up yet. Further frustration...

I would suggest that you two have the capacity and ability to put those story line events up on the website. When can we expect to see them?

I had been considering applying to the program to run events for Wyrd... and may still do so. I would love to see those events posted up, to the link in the new rule book.

RF

One thing Wyrd can control is the story line events that are supposed to be on the website. There is a url link in the new rule book directing them to a website. If you go there it is true story line events are listed (Christmas and Holloween). The ones for the new Encounters are not up yet. Further frustration...

Well seeing as its going to be October I would suspect we will be seeing new Halloween Strategies up soon.

• 2 weeks later...

And still they do nothing. I want to WARN them (the owners) NOW that if they continue down this road... a road of inactivity and setbacks they will, and their company, will fail.

I'm starting to have some success at my venue hosting the game, but I have seen it time and again that inactivity leads to failure. I used to be the Level 4 for WizKids, overseeing the entire state of Texas. WizKids is gone.

Continue down your path of inactivity... if you choose. Seamus can't unbury some things.

A word of caution,

RF

the last statement I don't entirely agree with.

the infrastructure of Wyrd Miniatures is FAR too small to deal with THIS level of popularity! Do the guys at Wyrd a favor and pick up your core rulebook, and open up to the credits. Now take away the playtesters, [[not discrediting them, they're put aside for this example]] now playtesters aside count all the Different names in the Credits and you'll find only a handful. You need to realize...

THAT'S ALL OF THEM! THE WHOLE COMPANY!

they still need to have heavy communications with the molders and model makers to make sure they get out on time and look good for the public [[so we don't have another Lelu model :\ ]]

they also need to work on the new Errata and FAQ for the new book

they also have to hang around this forum and make sure all the people who have rules questions are answered

they also need to work on the new story line events, making sure that they're balanced, so Zorida doesn't suck up 10 Victory Points in the second turn, that's another big thing.

they also have to keep working on the third book as it's going to contain a whole other set of models, and they need playtesters and they need to talk to them about how the balance of it all is going. Comparing the book 3 models with the book 2 and 1 models for balance and even game play.

they also need to sift through new employees, train them, put them on the salary list, and RUN the very corporation.

and ya know what? I'm going to stop right here. Now if you did your homework you'll know that this company started with 34 different people. THAT'S IT! and they still need to work on ALL OF THIS

it isn't inactivity, they're working their ****ing asses off for us, they're just only so much they can do! Not to mention, they're not working 24 hours, 7 days a week, they're probably not even working all 7 days a week. I mean seriously dude, I would hate to work even 5 hours a day for 7 days straight, that's bullshit. I think you're being a little bit too demanding right now.

they're working as Best as They Can! As Hard as They Can! They want to see the game succeed as much as we do, so just give them a little slack ya know?

Edited by gunpowder saint

the last statement I don't entirely agree with.

the infrastructure of Wyrd Miniatures is FAR too small to deal with THIS level of popularity! Do the guys at Wyrd a favor and pick up your core rulebook, and open up to the credits. Now take away the playtesters, [[not discrediting them, they're put aside for this example]] now playtesters aside count all the Different names in the Credits and you'll find only a handful. You need to realize...

THAT'S ALL OF THEM! THE WHOLE COMPANY!

they still need to have heavy communications with the molders and model makers to make sure they get out on time and look good for the public [[so we don't have another Lelu model :\ ]]

they also need to work on the new Errata and FAQ for the new book

they also have to hang around this forum and make sure all the people who have rules questions are answered

they also need to work on the new story line events, making sure that they're balanced, so Zorida doesn't suck up 10 Victory Points in the second turn, that's another big thing.

they also have to keep working on the third book as it's going to contain a whole other set of models, and they need playtesters and they need to talk to them about how the balance of it all is going. Comparing the book 3 models with the book 2 and 1 models for balance and even game play.

they also need to sift through new employees, train them, put them on the salary list, and RUN the very corporation.

and ya know what? I'm going to stop right here. Now if you did your homework you'll know that this company started with 34 different people. THAT'S IT! and they still need to work on ALL OF THIS

it isn't inactivity, they're working their ****ing asses off for us, they're just only so much they can do! Not to mention, they're not working 24 hours, 7 days a week, they're probably not even working all 7 days a week. I mean seriously dude, I would hate to work even 5 hours a day for 7 days straight, that's bullshit. I think you're being a little bit too demanding right now.

they're working as Best as They Can! As Hard as They Can! They want to see the game succeed as much as we do, so just give them a little slack ya know?

Having a small business - this +1000000000000000000

Inactivity .. okay, that one just makes me chuckle, but sure, okay.

There are a few there, and a lot more being worked on, and a ton y'all don't see up yet because everything has to be worked on in its own time and tested instead of just tossing it right out there.

Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion, right or wrong, good or bad.

Wow! Obviously a post from someone who's never run a small business before. RF, if you'd like to really find out how offensive your post on "inactivity" is, PM Nathan and Eric... Ask them how much time they'd LIKE to spend with their wife and kids (Eric has a newborn mind you...). Then ask how much time they actually do spend with them running Wyrd. The original post on Release Dates, and the New Encounter's link was a legit complaint, but the "inactivity" comment deserves you having your car keyed by someone.

Being on the forums, reading/hearing interviews with staff, seeing how long it took Wyrd to fill all the orders from GenCon, you get a real sense as to how small a workforce the company has, and the sheer scope of attention and time it takes to manage all the duties that drive "hard" dollars. I've always loved how Eric or Nate always take the time to greet new forum members when they introduce themselves to our forum community. THAT is pretty freaking cool -- getting a greeting from the company owners and game creators in spite of how busy they are!

Wyrd is more likely to piss me off more by not correcting a miss pack (where they already have my money but me not having all I paid for) than by not updating their site for extra fluff. But they've handled my personal miss pack situation stunningly.

Regarding product releases: releasing stuff Late October is still October... No promises broken there in my book. Getting the link up with new encounters... it is mentioned in Rising Powers after all, but I don't mind as there are so much official in-book scenarios and encounters I haven't done yet with the masters I have or against other master's in my gaming group -- There's lots of rich game play I've yet to experience with the 18 masters without the web support.

RF, you mentioned that you're (I assume) planning on becoming a henchman. Your "inactivity" and "and still they do nothing" complaint make it seem that your experience with Wyrd is devestatingly hindered because of the lack of extra encounters in web support. Considering how much fun I'm having without the support, makes me suspect the demos you're planning on doing and have been doing since April must really suck! Now I'm sure they don't because of the strength of the game. Because of how good the game is, the experience of the people you'll be demo'ing to won't suck either. Nor will the success of Wyrd hinge on weather or not web-supported extra content exists. Calling the company on delivering stuff that's in the book is one thing, but issueing a "warning"... like you're the TTG police, is absolutely unnecessary.

Running a small business, I understand Wyrd's challenge of balancing 1) the desire to over-deliver in customer service 2) managing the transition from one business size to the next level of growth and 3) trying to get today's busness done today is a really difficult thing. The "business glitches" Wyrd's exeriencing is the price of success and putting out a great product, it's part of the business growth cycle. Minimizing consequences for the customer is ideal during growth pains. May Wyrd quickly find the right people to take the company to the next level, at least satisfy RF, but more importantly stay around and not become another gaming company that fell by the wayside...

I'm able to look over all the 'periphery' stuff; I don't mind playing last years Holiday scenarios. After all, the people I'm playing with now didn't play those scenarios with me last year... plus I'm having a great time with the new scenarios in Rising Powers. I'm actually looking forward to Puppet Wars kicking off more than furthering the plot line/scenarios. The only legitimate glitch Wyrd's made from an admin perspective in my opinion is not releasing the Collette and Kirai totems the month or two after the boxed sets came out.

So a figurative pat on the back to all the staff at Wyrd! You have my support at least!!!

Edited by Seventeen
because the more I think about post #7, the more pissed off I get...

@ Seventeen : Fantastic post, everything I was thinking but didn't have the eloquence to put down in words.

(Only thing I disagree with is that there is an error totem wise, some book 1 masters had to wait a long time for theirs)

Quite frankly if you NEED someone to come up with ideas for your gaming scenarios i'm surprised you are even in this hobby.

And will someone please explain this sandwich situation, is this some internet parlance I am unaware of?

See, nothing slips past anybody at Wyrd. You get the Man/Bear/Ninja in house working directly with Wyrd and things come together quite nicely. Let's give a big round of applause for everyone at Wyrd who is trying their hardest to make this game as enjoyable as it has come to be.:1:

@ Seventeen : Fantastic post, everything I was thinking but didn't have the eloquence to put down in words.

(Only thing I disagree with is that there is an error totem wise, some book 1 masters had to wait a long time for theirs

That's right... Seamus and Pandora took a while, didn't they?

• 6 months later...

Ok... Just so every one knows I am a very good friend of R.F. I do agree with Seventeen that R.F. was in the wrong when he complained about "inactivity," but when he read the 'rising powers' book he was expecting something completely different than what it currently shows. I agree with this. They said that there would be story encounters, but now, even more than half a year later, there are still no new story encounters. Even if it's just one event a month, R.F., our local gaming community, and especially I would love to play the events. Our community truly loves the game, R.F. and me are constantly buying the pieces and we have made a relatively large Malifaux following at our local game store. R.F. especially does not want to see anything bad happen to Wyrd, we find the Malifaux world to be a fascinating game and story. All we are asking is for them to follow through with what they said they would have in the new book. We truly do understand that running a business is very hard and stressful, let alone one as popular as this one is with gamers. We are not trying to be insulting at all. All we ask is that one of the story writers carries through with the concept mentioned in the rules and produces the story encounters. You could carry a small book or note cards and if you think of a good story encounter just write a quick description and later give the idea to Eric Jones to right the rules for the encounter. Then it could be published on the website for use.

Edited by December56