Lady J <3 The Judge

mantastyle

OK folks now perhaps you see this thread title and you probably think "hey cool judge - LJ army list," or "awsome book 3 rumor." But sadly nothing so mature. You see a friend and I have a Malifaux slap bet and we thought that there would be no better place to put it to rest than here on the forums. The bet is as follows: my friend believes that Lady Justice is married to the Judge. Now I said this was B.S. and so the bet was formed. Here is where we find out he will be the slapper and who will be the slapie of this bet. Is Senora Justica bound in the holy bonds of matrimony with the Judge?

Silver Chocobo: That is an excellent idea, and would make a wonderful backstory.

IMHO, until the creators weigh-in, anything is possible and the bet will have to stand for a bit longer.

!?

I don't count? Sheesh.

I appreciate you being humble. I'll be equally humble and say that maybe Nathan or Eric will chime in, too. When I get off the phone with Nathan this week I'll even tell him he needs to drop everything he's doing and high-tail it straight to this thread because someone's got a smack'a comin' over this extreme fluff minutia!

He might say, "Well, Bowen, I don't think I've ever cared," but I'll cut him off and say, "Oh, no you don't! Someone's gettin' a smack over this! A Smack! You can't take this issue lightly."

He'll probably say, "So are you putting it in one of the chapters?"

I'll say, "No. I could give a crap. I dropped a building on her. End of story."

"What about the Judge?"

"Dropped the same building on him."

If you have to ask, I guess you don't... I don't know you, but I am new to the game -- should I know you?

Seriously, what crawled up yours? If you took offense by my posting -- just say so, and I might apologize (no offense was meant). If you think this thread is just "extreme fluff minutia" why bother with it all?

Whatever...

!?

I don't count? Sheesh. "

If you have to ask, I guess you don't... I don't know you, but I am new to the game -- should I know you?

Well, maybe not, but he did write a goodly sized chuck of Book 2, so it's probably a safe bet that he might know a bit about Justice/Judge backstory. Just saying.

Personally, I always figured they had a "thing" but that all the funky weirdness in Malifaux has made things "complicated." We know, for example, that the Judge has a face-rotting issue....

Because you don’t know me you probably wouldn’t know that I rarely ever take any offense to anything said on the internet. I laugh and make a joke about everything I can. The previous post you just quoted demonstrates me trying to have fun. You don’t need to worry about it. Sorry I came across as too severe.

As one of the fiction writers, the extreme fluff minutia is my bread and butter. There’s a ton of small details that I hope get found - some connections I hope take longer. That’s part of the joke of my last post – this seems unimportant, but if it truly were, we’d eventually argue there’s no point in any of the fluff. That’s not what the Malifaux fanbase says, though.

Mr. Bowen up there is having a sarcastic laugh, if you knew him a bit better you would pick up on it immediately. Just for the fun of it though - I'll go slap him.

For the record though, no, Judge and Justice are not married. Relationship of sorts .. ermm .. yeaaah you could say that, in a rather special/odd way.

Paradox: Ok, thanks for the head's-up. Like I said, I am new to this game and forum and haven't placed everyone yet.

Nerdelemental: No harm, no foul. I am better at reading humor and irreverence in person than I am on the Internet. I apologize for misreading your posting. Perhaps I'll lurk a bit more and post a bit less, at least until I get a handle on things.

Cheers!

Nerdelemental: No harm, no foul. I am better at reading humor and irreverence in person than I am on the Internet. I apologize for misreading your posting. Perhaps I'll lurk a bit more and post a bit less, at least until I get a handle on things.

Cheers!

No, dude, you're cool. No need to go back to lurking. It's my fault. I forget how many new players have come on board and there's really no way for you to know which of us are Developers, writers, Wyrd confidants, whatever, much less really know our online personas.

As I've gotten more and more work for Wyrd and in my real life, I'm hammering the forums less than I was in the past, too. Keep contributing as you want. You might be able to figure out who we all are and even if you don't, we're just fans of the game, too! You can argue with us.

And, like EricJ designs models, I'm also a good thief. If someone comes up with something clever, I just might steal it! (however, I'm already working on Book IV, so it had better be far reaching!)

Aren't you suppose to be banned :)

I don't think they did it right. :P:

I forget how many new players have come on board and there's really no way for you to know which of us are Developers, writers, Wyrd confidants, whatever, much less really know our online personas.

Rule of Thumb:

Stars of the Rules Marshals and people with 2k+ posts are in general connected to Wyrd in one official way or the other.

Well at least untill Lalo posts a bit more.. But he'll be the exception that proves the rule. :D

Oh.. and if some of those guys from back when Wyrd was all about painting models show up for some reason they might have that many posts aswell.. :hmmmm:

No, dude, you're cool. No need to go back to lurking. It's my fault. I forget how many new players have come on board and there's really no way for you to know which of us are Developers, writers, Wyrd confidants, whatever, much less really know our online personas.

As I've gotten more and more work for Wyrd and in my real life, I'm hammering the forums less than I was in the past, too. Keep contributing as you want. You might be able to figure out who we all are and even if you don't, we're just fans of the game, too! You can argue with us.

And, like EricJ designs models, I'm also a good thief. If someone comes up with something clever, I just might steal it! (however, I'm already working on Book IV, so it had better be far reaching!)

I don't think they did it right. :P:

Starts to hack nerdelemental computer, dam i wish i knew how to hack computers