Killing Canine remains?

Nemo

I've read a few posts now that talk about killing your own dogs in order to generate corpse tokens. I don't get it.

The dogs have graverobber so they can just do a (all) action to get a corpse token. That seems a lot simpler, plus you get to keep the dog. Is there some rules permutation that I am missing? Is there maybe a benefit to having the token on the ground rather than being carried by the dog?

The dogs have graverobber so they can just do a (all) action to get a corpse token. That seems a lot simpler, plus you get to keep the dog. Is there some rules permutation that I am missing? Is there maybe a benefit to having the token on the ground rather than being carried by the dog?

Check the Errata, Grave Robbers are no longer able to take an all action to gain a corpse token.

Looked it up for the exact spot. Here is the Errata in question

Search Action (p.45)

Remove the (all) Search Action and replace with: “(all)

Scavenge: Scavengers Only. The model gains 1 Scrap Counter.

Edited by nilus

Graverobber does two thing for you

First corpes counter only drop from models if there is at lest one graverobber in play.

Only graverobbers can pick up corpes counters, no one else can.

Hurobh, IT does not ruin Nico lists, it just changes them up a bit. They changed mortamer so now you can cheat his flip so you can get some corpes counters from him. I play Nico and he does quite well.

-Andrew

Can characters swap counters or pass around counters if in base contact?

Nope, unless they have an ability that specifically allows them to do so, counters are not normally transferable.

Yeah, the Graverobber change is probably the single most important piece of errata for Ressers to be aware of ... besides maybe the re-write of the terrain/cover chapter.

Man does this destroy my Nicodem list.

-jay

Not really.

They made Exhume not suck anymore for Mortimer.

You can now cheat the second part, which allows you to pump out more corpse counters.

Although, it is still very dandy to kill the doggies.

Because they only cost two SS which is far cheaper than anything other than a totem and still drop a corpse counter.

Killing your own does for corpse counters is only worth it if you are also getting something else out of it (i.e. body part counters from dissection) or if you are really close to being able to summon a nasty thing. Other wise, they will just become corpses when they are to close to Sebastian when he bloody harvests or when they are killed for being such easy targets.

I find it is better to make my opponents waste there attacks and actions on killing my dogs. Plus they block charge lines.

As to Mortamer, they made him suck less but he still sucks. I have to ditch a spade from my hand (on average, I might only have 2 spades in my hand) to get a corpse counter unless I am lucky. I can summon that one corpse into a punk zombie or what ever, but now I am relying on drawing more spades next turn or relying just on soulstones for future casts. I think it is better to wait for things to die, use the spade that you would have discarded for the corpse counter and than summon 2 things with those 2 spades. There are always enough corpse counters for at least 2 summons, and if not, you should just be paralyzing your enemies instead.