Duh Moments from learning the game

Slinkdawg

I remember when I was first learning the rules and getting into Malifaux (with the Viki's boxset), I would end up with a bunch of low cards around turn 2 or 3 and not know what to do...

After a few games, I learned that you can apparently discard cards from your control hand during the draw phase before you draw cards and replenish your hand.

I was wondering if some of you have similar "Duh!" stories like this that you could add, and this could be a helpful thread for people running demos and folks just getting into the game.

Thanks in advance!

Trying to soulstone after duel totals were flipped, thinking it was seperate from cheating fate >.<

using a soulstone is separate from cheating fate.

The difference is that you would cheat first then use a soulstone. It has to be completed at the same time. you don't use it as another opportunity to add a card

so like this:

1. Flip starting duel

2. Lower player cheats first

2a. if activated model has Use Soulstone (such as Henchman and Masters) they may then flip one additional card by discarding a soulstone

3. higher player cheats fate

3a. if activated model has Use Soulstone (yadda yadda)

4. Resolve duel.

using a soulstone is separate from cheating fate.

The difference is that you would cheat first then use a soulstone. It has to be completed at the same time. you don't use it as another opportunity to add a card

so like this:

1. Flip starting duel

2. Lower player cheats first

2a. if activated model has Use Soulstone (such as Henchman and Masters) they may then flip one additional card by discarding a soulstone

3. higher player cheats fate

3a. if activated model has Use Soulstone (yadda yadda)

4. Resolve duel.

Yeah we would use stones after the totals were created. Fun times :(