Malifaux Background question (for writers/Eric/Nathan)

Kaine

Now i've finished the sewers board and i've done a ruined pump station i'm looking for a third board that will probably be a large central building in malifaux.

I was wondering is there any church/religious style buildings that you see as being in Malifaux, i.e. cathedralesque, perhaps ruined in the forbidden zone. There is nothing i've found in the background to indicate any presence of religion, either old or new.

Or any other building that might have a gothic feel to it ?

I like the idea of doing a large gothic building, alot of arches and cover, but the fight being mainly inside the building.

Would appreciate any hints at anything i might have missed in the background, or any other suggestions for a largish building that will fit the background.

Touching on religion in Malifaux is something my story "The Chair" will do, but only briefly. Quite what a minister or priest would make of Malifaux is intruiging to me, which is why I stuck one in the start of that story.

I am sure there are churches in Malifaux, but what would they look like? Large stone churches or cathedrals take a long time to build, and I'm not sure people have been in Malifaux long enough to have done that. They could have taken existing buildings and consecrated them, so they would be an odd mix of styles, with some religious elements overlaid on a different architecture.

I imagine Guild HQ buildings being Cathedral esque, just because the Idea of Gaudy stonework is some thing I associate with the guild, personally or otherwise. Ive always wanted to see somone try to pull that off, and If anyone can, its seems to be you.

I have to second this.

Kaine's boards are nothing short of inspiring and I'd love to see his take on Guild HQ.

Considering it is a defensive building with tall towers and deep dungeons, housing troops, laboratories and manufactures of Guild gear, I think it offers great opportunity for a table-sized building.

Another big building we have some fluff on is the Star Theater of Colette.

I have to second this.

Kaine's boards are nothing short of inspiring and I'd love to see his take on Guild HQ.

Considering it is a defensive building with tall towers and deep dungeons, housing troops, laboratories and manufactures of Guild gear, I think it offers great opportunity for a table-sized building.

Another big building we have some fluff on is the Star Theater of Colette.

Which could of course lead nicely down to the sewers...

Just for ideas on large buildings I bet are contained in Malifaux: A Hospital, An Iron Mine/Smelting Factory, A Train Station, The Star Theatre, A clocktower of some type, A pub/inn, A graveyard, I would imagine a Cathedral (though perhaps nightmarish and Neverborn controlled if not Guild), and some creepy old haunted-house like mansion on a hill (doubtless). ;)

There are churches here and there. consider for a decade Malifaux was settled by humans prior to the Breach closing, likewise in the four years since its reopening plenty of folks have come through, some bringing religion with them. Although we don't cover the themes closely, you can easily assume there will be the random gothic church, or pre-colonial style place of worship. Even frontier churches with a steeple can be found here and there.