Sezar's painting trip around Malifaux

Sezar

Edit: Hollow Waif Belles and crew completed on post#30!

Ok, I guess it was enough of collecting Wyrd's awesome minis without putting any love on them, so it's time to start painting them.

I've begun with the fantastic Red Chappel Gang, but since it has past a lot of time since the last time I painted anything, I will start with those lovely Belles.

I decided to have all crew represented in some kind of saloon, probably the same that not so far ago regented Madamme Sybelle! My plan is to add bottles, cards, broken stuff around the floor once they all are fully painted, so all bases look pretty plain at the moment.

From now on, I'll keep updating this first posts with the latest minis I've finished painting, and here they are:

BellesPower.jpg

SeamusWIP4.jpg

BeteWIP3.jpg

You will be able to see them all individually as I finish painting them, as I'll keep updating this.

Even when I'm certainly not the most creative or best painter out there, I hope you like it. Any critics and suggestions are always welcomed.

Edited by Sezar
updating...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after reviewing the model a few times in the past 2 days, I decided I should spend a bit more time on this, after all you are not fielding 100 minis on this game, so each one should be painted wit a few more dedication and love. I was not happy at all with the skin and hair, but I wanted to work on the dress and all other parts of the model as well.

So, after one hour, she now looks like this:

Belle11.jpg

Now I'm happier and I think this is the way to go. I dirtied the lowest part of the dress, as well as reduced the brightness on it all. The same was done on her hair, and even while it is the part I'm less happy with, I think it looks way better and "natural" now.

Hope you like it as well.

Now to start on the next 2 Belles!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again! Even while I'm kinda slow, I keep working on my Red Chappel crew. Got 2 Belles and Sybelle finished (well, the bases till need some work as they're a bit plain, but that will wait until I finish them all), and the 3rd Belle is about half done. Then will be the time for Seamus himself and the lovely Bete.

So here is my latest update, hope you like them!

Belle 2:

Belle23.jpg

Belle22.jpg

Sybelle:

Sybelle1.jpg

Sybelle2.jpg

And these are the ones finished till now:

Belles.jpg

As always, it will be a pleasure to receive any critics and suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Back once again, this time with my third Belle finished, hope you like her:

Belle32-1.jpg

Belle31-1.jpg

Belle33.jpg

Belle34.jpg

Overall I like it pretty much, except for the hair, which I didn't get the effect I planned, but as I've still got to paint Seamus and Bete, and I'd like to have them finished for this saturday, I'll leave her as it is for now.

I fear the cards on her base are a bit too big, but I was afraid that smaller ones wouldn't be recognized (spelling?). Anyway I think they look nice, what do you think?

Well, I took a picture of the 4 Belles finished, just waiting for Seamus to start dancing! :D

BellesPower.jpg

As always, waiting for your critics and suggestions.

Thanks in advance if yuu liked it.

Edited by Sezar

First of all, thanks for your kind words, it really helps to keep the motivation high enough.

Well, yesterday I spent 3-4 hours on Bete and her base. My idea is to represent her popping out of a dead corpse on a coffin. Both the base and model are 99% painted, Bete exclusively on greys (except lips and daggers) inspirated both on the official icon :bete and from someone who I remembered did the same on this same forum, sorry I can't remember who, but thanks!

It was a real pleasure to paint her, and it was something I had never done before and that I think I performed quite decently for my skills.

As I said, it is almost fully painted, only a few minor details to fix, but I still have to fix her on top of the coffin and add some more tendrilswhich should be easy but I wanted to hear some critics and suggestions before, as it will be harder to retouch most things once I do it.

So here she is:

front view

BeteWIP3.jpg

uptop

BeteWIP2.jpg

Coffin detail

BeteWIP6.jpg

Now I'll start working on Seamus while waiting for feedback. Thanks in advance

Edit: a few more pictures can be see HERE

Edited by Sezar

The Bette sculpt is very difficult to paint, mainly due to it being largely 2-dimensional. Your minimal palette holds together and contrasts well with the blood on her blades.

However, rookie mistake painting the top lip with lipstick. It makes her look like a clow n (separated to get around the censorship of this word... try it if you do not believe me)