Shikome makes Marcus insane

Raintar

I plan on using the Shikome with Marcus also. The Prey thing is an awesome ability, but I might be hesitant to use it on Marcus. Only because you can't attack anything else while using that ability. That would severely limit you. I suppose if you can activate it on Marcus on the turn that you have a good charge lane to reach the enemy master and you can make sure nothing can move in to block Marcus before he goes....

It's all theory machine for me though since I wasn't involved with any of the beta-testing so I'll have to wait and see what happens.

It's an obvious combo, nevertheless a seemingly powerful one.

The Shikome also matches Marcus' speed well, so they make for a good tag-team. The Shikome is also considerable more durable than most other beasts Marcus tends to bring along.

I'm not sure that Hunting Partner goes away at the end of the turn. It mentions a duration so I don't think it will go away that easily. Would be a good question to ask on the rules forum though, as it's pretty critical for how the rule works.

I'm not sure that Hunting Partner goes away at the end of the turn. It mentions a duration so I don't think it will go away that easily. Would be a good question to ask on the rules forum though, as it's pretty critical for how the rule works.

After reading it again and looking over some of the other models I sort of agree that it lasts until the Prey is killed. It gets a little confusing though, since they like to use conditions to end durations of a set time.

Well, the rule states that the Target Beast may not attack another model while the Prey is in play. That duration seems pretty obvious to me. It ends when the Prey is no longer in play.

I also think that it is a fitting drawback for the power of the Prey ability. Otherwise, the Shikome would have to cost more - for the cost as is, it is a powerful ability.

• 3 weeks later...
No Myranda cann not turn ito it... because she only can transform in an non unique beast with SS cost 8 or less...

Sad but true... :)

I think te RN is one better Cerberus... :)

Or the cerberus as he should be... :D

That darn errata! I always forget that 75% of whats in the book is no longer legal and that i have to look at the 2 erratas and the faq before taking anything in the book at face value.

=P but I do like the RN alot i thinking he will run well as a summen choice in my nicodem list.

• 1 month later...

the other combo with this is marcus' howl, which is one of his best and most overlooked abilities imo, since shikome can attack agaisnt your Df OR Wp this is a free 8" willpower drop, you also can add the winged nightmares trigger for an additional -2Wp and crush the crap out of whatever you want.

this combo gets really crazy when you have a lawyer force a living model to take a Morale test at a potential -8 then have the cerebus thats linked to the shikome use smell fear and jump that sucker.

so good....

but wait!

say the Shikome does give Marcus Hunting Partner...

that means he can't use Wild Heart, since he can ONLY target his prey, and Wild Heart Targets himself that means he can't use it because it's not targeting his prey... that also makes it so he can't target any allies when he tries to heal them...

also, McMourning is probably the best Master Hunter I've seen next to Lilith and Lady J lol.

but wait!

say the Shikome does give Marcus Hunting Partner...

that means he can't use Wild Heart, since he can ONLY target his prey, and Wild Heart Targets himself that means he can't use it because it's not targeting his prey... that also makes it so he can't target any allies when he tries to heal them...

also, McMourning is probably the best Master Hunter I've seen next to Lilith and Lady J lol.

• 1 month later...

A big question - can the shikome give hunting partner to only a single model at a time? what happens if you try to give it to another model while it is already active on marcus?

What happens if you run a shikome with marcus and something cheap (think moleman or raptor), give hunting partner to marcus turn 1, then later on when you want marcus to puck something else, give hunting partner to the raptor.

Voila, Marcus is no longer subject to hunting beast.

(this is all theory hammer - I dont have access to the RP book right now, so I might be remembering this wrong)