Zoraida + Ophelia?

Svenn

So, an interesting question just popped up...

Can Zoraida hire Ophelia? Zoraida can hire any model with WP 4 or less, correct? Ophelia has 4 WP. However, Ophelia's rules state that (at least in a Brawl) she can only join crews with Gremlin, Kins, Pigs, and Vermin.

I am looking at the book right now and:

Jonas has it right, all the Kin models are WP 4 or less.

I'm afraid not my friend. You can hire Ophelia the henchman in a scrap using the ability, but not any other models in her hiring group. A similar question has been resolved using Hamelin's Growing Command ability.

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14197&highlight=ophelia

The thread you have cited has not been resolved yet, the reason it is still open. A rules marshal will close the thread and move it to the resolved forum when it has been.

@ Gremlin Swarm, none of the henchman have hiring restritions in a scrap when they are not the master. All hiring restrictions for henchman apply only when they are the master in a scrap or when they are included in Brawls.

To address the original question, there is some debate Here but as her rules are written (if henchman can be used as a second master in a brawl) currently Ophelia could not be paired with anyone but Somer in a Brawl if she was used as the other Master (in which case she gets the Henchman reserve) or as a henchman (in which case her crew gets the additional Soul Stones from not having the second Master).

This may change as they release future models.

Edited by Omenbringer
improving clarification

The hiring limitation of Ophelia should only apply if Ophelia is the only master in the crew (see special forces). I'm sure you are just reading to much into that limitation.

Reread that to make sure it doesn't say Ophelia can only hire crews with such and such. Otherwise all the new Henchmen will put such a limitation on hiring outside of their special forces that you can't even hire a Master to join them since they are hired too.

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer

The hiring limitation of Ophelia should only apply if Ophelia is the only master in the crew (see special forces). I'm sure you are just reading to much into that limitation.

"In a brawl, this model may only join Crews which contain Gremlins, Kin, Pigs, and Vermin."

It says may only join. Nothing there about being a master.