Gencon Week orders ship ?

Kaine

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to give you guys a bit of scope of how many orders they're processing over there:

My first order was placed 3 am Thursday the 5th and I got my email confirmation the following friday the 13th.

My second order was placed. Just before midnight the same day and I got that confirmation from nathan today.

As a community, we must've done some MAJOR damage to the online store!!!!

Let's see. My order number was 2965. Does anyone have a "During Gencon Only" order number that is higher or lower than that? I'm curious what the order number range was, is anyone else?

Mine was 2843 and I ordered just after midnight the day everything went live.

Mine was 2843 and I ordered just after midnight the day everything went live.

Mine's 3106, and I ordered early the day after everything went live (I had to get paid first). I guess that gives everyone an idea of the volume of orders they got over the weekend - and if that's the case, it'll be an impressive feat to get everything shipped out before the week is out (rough estimate, guessing ~250 orders a day, that means nearly a thousand orders to fill and ship out - an impressive feat for a four day period, even for some of the bigger companies).

Magius out.

3254, must not have got to it today because I got no notification. I ordered Saturday night at the con

Doing some math, that's about 65 orders from saturday night to sunday night. Figure that to be the deadest night, and we're looking at about 340-380 orders for the course of the weekend (figuring 100 on friday and saturday, and around 70 for the other 2 days)... HOLY CRAP

Edited by eruletho

Actually, by my calculations (assuming that the system uses an incremental numbering system, with +1 order number for each order), there were at least 474 orders placed during GenCon (the earliest reported order number is 2843, and the latest is 3317). It could easily mean that there were more than 500 orders placed during GenCon, with approximately 300 of them being placed in the first 24 hours.

Magius out.

Im glad that I ordered mine really early on and got mine shipped pretty early on, I just am really pissed I live on the opposite end of the USA damned desert, waiting from a package from the east coast, I envy you!!!!!

You still live in the US ¬_¬ I envy you!!! (for getting it earlier than most anyway, not for living there in general)

You still live in the US ¬_¬ I envy you!!! (for getting it earlier than most anyway, not for living there in general)

*shrug* guess you got me on that one, but dont we all have the God given right to complain about some thing irrelevant, for instance I havent had a quality smore in years YEARS!

Guys, sit back, take one of these

chill_pill.jpg

and wait for your order to arrive.

Clearly Nathan&co have had little sleep and are doing their usual best to provide the best customer service they can, alot of companies close their online stores over busy periods, they didnt.

Personally i'm just happy i was able to order LCB and get a gencon ltd ed mini (nurse) while stuck in the uk and unable to attend what looked like a great show.

So cut them some slack, they always fix issues with orders, so i'm sure if anyones order got lost/stuck etc once they get to your email it will be all sorted.

I placed an order in the Wyrd store over the GenCon weekend so I could get the limited LCB.

Reading the forum over the weekend I quickly realised that Wyrd were more popular and taking more orders than they could have possibly planned for.

Taking this into account I expect my order to get here when it gets here. In the meantime I bought some other items from Maelstrom, that they had listed as 'in stock', to tide me over.

As with all things you can have top quality, fast service and a reasonable price - you just have to decide which two of the three you want :)

Guys, sit back, take one of these

and wait for your order to arrive.

Clearly Nathan&co have had little sleep and are doing their usual best to provide the best customer service they can, alot of companies close their online stores over busy periods, they didnt.

Personally i'm just happy i was able to order LCB and get a gencon ltd ed mini (nurse) while stuck in the uk and unable to attend what looked like a great show.

So cut them some slack, they always fix issues with orders, so i'm sure if anyones order got lost/stuck etc once they get to your email it will be all sorted.

Hey hey Im not complaining :) well not about order time atleast mine got shipped right away like I said, more than likely in chronological order as to when they are placed, I both see and appreciate all the hard work Nathan and everyone at Wyrd are doing for all of us. I believe there is no reason to be compalining about time overall the sheer fact that we were able to order the limited miniatures from gen con is a wonderful thing Wyrd did for us, I just felt It would be fun to complain about mundane things, the fact thats its 110 out right now and not even noon yet, things of this nature cant be helped and as such are fun to nag about. But in all reality I do apricaite the offer but I lack the perscription for such a pill ;)

Taking this into account I expect my order to get here when it gets here. In the meantime I bought some other items from Maelstrom, that they had listed as 'in stock', to tide me over.

See....I'm beginning to think this is all just part of their master plan.

I had initially finished painting all the models I own so far a day or so before GenCon, so that they would all be out of the way when I bought the new stuff. Then I ended up having to order LCB and such online, and so I'm now waiting for ~2 weeks after GenCon before I'll have more things to paint. What to do?! Buy more stuff from the LGS to paint in the meantime! Darn you Wyrd! :P