dopple, realy?

izikial

hi, two questions, dose the dopplegangger work reliable in a pandora list, or is she just a one trick poney, if so would the hooded rider be a capperbal replacment.

side note, taking the walderguist dosnt make you have to have a forest, and with out them they are a pore chice, should they only be taken whe nyou know you have a forest.

thx guys

Argh, the spelling! It melts my eyes!!

The Doppelganger is the exact opposite of a one-trick pony. It can do almost anything your own crew can, which makes it capable of fulfilling almost any role you want it too.

The problem is that it can only really do one thing at a time, which usually means that unless you mimic some defensive abilities (thus preventing him from doing much else) the doppelganger is pretty vulnerable to getting attacked.

The Waldgiest is great with a forest around, but with armour 2 he also makes for a pretty tough melee fighter. In other words, I think he's worth considering even without a forest.

I can't think of a reason not to take a Doppelganger in almost any list.

Perhaps its high SS cost, and lack of synergy with a lot of models ? Works fine with Pandora as she has unique awesome abilities to copy, not so much with Lillith or Zoraida (summon voodoo doll containing a name so you can't copy it).

I played Dopple in a Zoraida crew the other night, as well as Baby Kade. Made Dopple and Kade a fighting duet (if Kade is attacked he can transfer wounds to Dopple if in base contact and Dopple can then heal itself), and managed to make a serious dent to a Steamborg Executioner in one turn (well, I was lucky with the cards too I must admit, and the the action was really somewhere else on the board, so my friend didn't really bother protecting the Executioner). Kade did 5 wounds in his acivation and gave slow to Exec, then Dopple mimicked the Exec's paired claws and inflicted max damage: 5 more wounds.

EDIT: !!!! I realised I can't mimic the Exec claws, as after re-reading today to write this I saw the claws are actually naming the Executioner!!! Bummer... Still if mimicking Kade's weapon I would have made 3 more wounds, which would have done 8 wounds in total to an Exec in one turn. Not too bad hey!

And yes the -1 flip on initiative is really nice.

Conlcusion: me like the Dopple!

Perhaps its high SS cost, and lack of synergy with a lot of models ? Works fine with Pandora as she has unique awesome abilities to copy, not so much with Lillith or Zoraida (summon voodoo doll containing a name so you can't copy it).

Copying Lilith's Cb score... Her Earthquake spell...

Copying Zoraida's Wp, Obey spell...

Etcetera.

Copying Lilith's Cb score... Her Earthquake spell...

Copying Zoraida's Wp, Obey spell...

Etcetera.

I don't think copyling Lillith's CB/weapon is going to make the doppleganger survive combat... it might get one good hit in sure, she'd be better copying the mature neph's paired claws in that case (same damage, positive flip without having to also copy combat).

Zoraida already gets a free obey through her voodoo doll, if you want another obeyer (albeit slightly more expensive and less potentially flexible) there's hamelin.

I don't dissagree there's situational use, but I dont think the dopple's base stats really cover it in most situations since it can only steal 2 things in a turn (if it doesn't need to heal/harmless also).

I do think there's some potential in copying the hooded rider though.

You can move people off objectives, make them drop a chest, get them into or out of combat (that one's tricky but it can be done particularly if the opponent chooses to resist and you choose for your models to tie)... I don't use it much, but I've won games with it.

For Lilith's Cb score, i can understand. But for the Earthquake spell .. perhaps i missed something but i rarely use it in games. Could someone point me to some way to effectively use it ?

I have once, my mature diving attacked rusty alice, failed to to kill her, since they were on top of a building Lillith walked up to it and casted earthquake and kill alice, levi, and the last hollow waif :)

For Lilith's Cb score, i can understand. But for the Earthquake spell .. perhaps i missed something but i rarely use it in games. Could someone point me to some way to effectively use it ?

Move your Crew forward first round...

2 (or 3 if you're feeling frisky) casts from Lilith, 1 from the Doppelganger, 1 from the Cherub. 8-10" upfield turn one. Your Tots/Young/Mature Nephilim haven't even activated yet.

The Executioner's Claws do not refer to a name of a model in that instance.

Awesome, then I didn't cheat: Kade + Dopple vs Steamb Executioner = 10 wounds to the machine against only 3 (if I remember right) to the baby, pretty good!

Thanks for the clarification!

So I DEFINITELY like my Dopple :)

Zoraida casts raven, dopple copies Zoraida's Wk and terror tot's spring. Zoom.

Nice idea, just a shame it will not work. Zoraida's Raven effect will wear out at the end of her activation and she will be back to Wk 3 when the Doppelganger is trying to Mimic her.

-Ropetus

Doppleganger is the best unit you can buy in the game. It can also heal your guys which can be overlooked. It can also be as fast or as strong as the Mature Nephilum think about that... Should be in almost every Neverborn list.

As per the errata it can only heal itself (unless you mimic Candys Sweets), and by doing so it's unable to do much else for that turn.

Also it can never become as strong as a Mature Nephilim as it's only able to copy two talents, etc. (Matures have Paired Claws, Melee Expert, excellent speed and Diving Attack aswell as triggers.)

Unless you pick up some defensive abilities it's also really fragile.

All this said I like it alot, but don't see myself using it with Lilith, Pandora by far have the most interesting abilities to copy.

Oh they cuddled that heal thank god lol that was ridiculous.

I meant they can be as strong meaing you copy the Matures weapon (Paired claws with high damage) and copy the melee expert ability. Pretty much what I meant is that the Dopple can be as strong or as fast as the Mature Nephilum.