New Demo Boards

jmp_mydog

very well done with those mate. they remind me of a couple of lands in WoW, the horde swamp of sorrows place and the Badlands/Barrens

what did you use for the water in the swamp, because there looks to be a lot of it. envirotex etc must have been expensive?

also, do your CD based terrain pieces warp? - I made some swamps and they have curved 'up' towards the top surface. This means they now wobble around a bit instead of lying flat.

very well done with those mate. they remind me of a couple of lands in WoW, the horde swamp of sorrows place and the Badlands/Barrens

what did you use for the water in the swamp, because there looks to be a lot of it. envirotex etc must have been expensive?

also, do your CD based terrain pieces warp? - I made some swamps and they have curved 'up' towards the top surface. This means they now wobble around a bit instead of lying flat.

Yes I use CD's for the base of most of terrain, it makes for a nice 5"-3" base that holds up and is very inexpensive. The trick is to do your water in small layers and duct tape the back. The first few I made had wobble issues but with some experimenting they no longer do. Another trick is to coat both sides with wood glue prior to doing anything. In the event that they wobble a hairdryer can soften it up to be gentle coaxed back into position.

The swamp board took one large box of envirotex. Can get it at retail for about $30, I used my 50% off coupon to get it for half that price at Micheal's. I usually buy the smaller boxes and they will make lots of smaller projects.