It's really difficult keeping up with all of these new FAQ/Errata items

Raintar

I went through my rule book for the first Errata and wrote everything in. I'll probably do it again for these updates, or at least mark the rulebook with a notation to check the FAQ or Errata

Same here, I just mark the errata'd sections with an 'e' in the rulebook and keep the printouts in the back. quick and easy.

Nope. It is excellent that the company is supporting its game so diligently. Keeping the rules up-to-date and clear is a good thing.

I agree with that, but that doesn't mean the OP doesn't have a valid point.

Personally, I would pay for a rulebook with all of the clarifications. Maybe just put a revised stamp on the cover so people with different versions would know who's to use. I think it would ultimately reduce confusion with newer players. But it has been officially said this will not be the case, and that's fine. There are valid reasons not to.

Personally, I really love hand-edited rulebooks. My current one sports a great number of postit notes. However, that one recently got tea spilt all over it (currsse youu dann!) so upon him purchasing a new one, I'm going to go over and stick in all the recent erratas, paying extra special attention to the lilith cuddles. ^^

I would probably buy a revised rulebook. I do understand the OP, but my OCD won't let 4 pages bother me. I've gone thru my rulebook and taped the errata changes into the appropriate spots.

I very much appreciate that the company went to all the trouble of such a comprehensive Errata.

I don't mind the rulebook having lose reference printouts in the back as to be honest it doesn't often get called upon during play. I do find the fact that the cards are now out of date annoying as it now means having to have extra sheets on paper on the table and remembering to cross check everything during play. So updated cards we can print off would be nice.

I don't mind the rulebook having lose reference printouts in the back as to be honest it doesn't often get called upon during play. I do find the fact that the cards are now out of date annoying as it now means having to have extra sheets on paper on the table and remembering to cross check everything during play. So updated cards we can print off would be nice.

I both strongly agree, and interesting, strongly disagree.

I find it irritating, too, when my cards aren't valid.

But if you (and I) would just print them off anyway, there's nothing extremely special about the original cards. Why not just take a fine point sharpie or other permanent pen and write on the changes?

Even before this big doc dropped, I marked out changes to Taelor and Candy by filling in their accidentally extra Wd bullets, crossed of and wrote in the correct Cb stats for the Judge, etc.

It's a bummer. But you don't need to play with the errata sheets next to the cards. Just fix the cards!

It's a bummer. But you don't need to play with the errata sheets next to the cards. Just fix the cards!

Especially when we are all supposed to be miniature gamers who are supposed to be able to do things with paints too. Of course a correction for an ability that's completely rephrased is a bit too much of work to do but fixing stats and other numbers shouldn't be much of a chore.

And even the longer texts can be fixed by printing them in the correct size and gluing over the original.

The printing costs would be prohibitive until they ran out of stock so I doubt we will see corrected cards soon.

Initial set up costs tend to be the major factor in printing...if it did happen I'd guess it would be in line with the second book and its cards.

Having said that we've played perfectly fine with the cards/rules as printed...the errata is really just gravy for those of us with a strong interest.

This is so much better than the alternatives:

- GW leaving codexes broken to force you on to a new army

- GW FAQ's written by someone who misquote their own codex

- Warmachine tourneys where the top three armies are lead by Sorsha and a page 5 stating that their balance is infallable.

There are pro's and con's to everything but I can't help but applaud Wyrd for doing what is best for player's enjoyment of the game.

The change in game via the Errata should only be seen as a good thing, after reading over your own personal models you begin to get a hang of how things have changed, as Wombat stated earlier, it’s a good idea to quickly go over the Errata before the game when concerned with individual models. The Errata was a needed change and I for one am happy with the alterations.

I'm really glad for the Errata and FAQ as they're going to really clear up some issues my group has been having with the game. Smoothing over uncertainties and things like that. However, I would like to make one little request.

Combined, the Errata and FAQ are a total of 20 pages (I keep seeing people saying 4 pages for some reason). I know it's only a matter of time before more gets added, even the Errata itself made me go "What's that mean?" from time to time. I love that Wyrd is so willing to jump all over any issues and support the game. I'd just like to see that further Errata and FAQs be released in separate PDFs, even temporarily, before being combined into a complete document. I just don't want to print out 20+ pages of stuff when I only need the newest bits.

Was going to make a thread about this after discussing it at my LGS, but this seemed the appropriate place for it.

Edited by The Mortificator

I'm pretty certain that Eric can be bribed into doing just that.

What do you suggest? Generic errata followed by faction specific errata?

The FAQ will likely stay as a single document though simply because it is more of a clarification of how things work and not a change. Of course there will likely be changes to the FAQ and those changes will likely be available as small files in addition to the master document as this monster grows.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

I'm pretty certain that Eric can be bribed into doing just that.

What do you suggest? Generic errata followed by faction specific errata?

The FAQ will likely stay as a single document though simply because it is more of a clarification of how things work and not a change. Of course there will likely be changes to the FAQ and those changes will likely be available as small files in addition to the master document as this monster grows.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

I'm going to assume he means more like having appendices as things are added, that only have the new material in a separate document, instead of having to print out the whole thing when there is a new thing here, and a new thing there.

And if that isn't what Mort was implying, I still think its a good idea. Also an option for printing out errata by faction would be nice for some people. But then for others it would be inconvenient. I personally like to know what my opponent can and/or can't do. There are some who have faith in their opponent to follow the rules.

I'm going to assume he means more like having appendices as things are added, that only have the new material in a separate document, instead of having to print out the whole thing when there is a new thing here, and a new thing there.

And if that isn't what Mort was implying, I still think its a good idea. Also an option for printing out errata by faction would be nice for some people. But then for others it would be inconvenient. I personally like to know what my opponent can and/or can't do. There are some who have faith in their opponent to follow the rules.

That's pretty much exactly what I was trying to say. Though I hadn't thought of just using and appendix tacked to the end of a document just to make the newer changes easy to find without reading the whole document. That idea works just as well as people could just print out the appendix and make notes on their errata sheets where things are added or changed in the later erratas.

The seperation by faction is pretty much already present in the current erata, though perhaps if each faction was spaced out so they broke up the pages and weren't put together on the same page. Though, at worst, the current layout for the faction errata only equals a bit of extra ink. Nothing major. I personally bring the errata for all models, for the sake of my opponents (and myself).

EDIT: I spent a few minutes copy-pasting the whole Errata and FAQ into Word to try and make it more condensed and easier to edit for when new changes or clarifications come out. Even in 10-point font, the whole thing is close to 15 pages.

I'm not too tech-savvy when it comes to mobile phones. Mine is very function-only, it rings and I can talk to it and sometimes be heard on the other end, that's about it. Some people at my LGS have such phones or netbooks, but I'd rather not have to hog up another player's pricey gadget to double-check rules and models.

Perhaps even highlighting or adding footnotes on further errata to make the new additions easier to find. This would at least enable people to skim the new pdf and then copy-paste what they need into a separate document. Essentially, a recap of "this is what we changed since last release".

EDIT: I just found the thread Weird Sketch put up that's pretty much giving people a heads up on what is going to be added to the next errata. Something like that would work as well for all future changes, especially if it were stickied in the forum for easy finding. Just restart the thread each time the new errata comes out and start it over to tally up the coming changes for next time.