Zoraida - Post Errata/FAQ

n0signal

There have been two major changes to Zoraida in the Errata:

1.) Bewitch is now a (1) action - which correct me if I'm wrong now means you can cast it along with Crystal Ball for a double-combo of "You can't play control cards, now, let me see your fate deck!!". Owch!! ;)

2.) The Voodoo Doll now Poisons the model it has a conduit to; Poison 2 every end close phase (and the change to the way Poison works makes this even nastier). This seems like a great replacement for the oddity of not being able to melee through the doll. :D

Discuss!!

Well, the Voodoo Doll gives them Poison 2 at every end close phase; so each turn the nominated model will start it's activation with Poison 2 on it. Poison does a point of damage at the start of your activation, then you remove the counter. So each turn they're taking at least one wound regardless; two if they reactivate!! ;) Nasty.

Well, the Voodoo Doll gives them Poison 2 at every end close phase; so each turn the nominated model will start it's activation with Poison 2 on it. Poison does a point of damage per poison counter on it at the start of your activation, then you remove a counter. So each turn they're taking at least two wounds regardless; two if they reactivate!! ;) Nasty.

Fixed that for you.

Also, in a slightly Zoraida related note, because of Errata to Hamelin's Growing Command it is now possible to get off four obeys a turn!! :o Between Bewitching, Crystal Balling and Obeying the hell out of stuff (not to mention Irresistible Dance), you can really toy with your opponent's Crew. I find the prospect delicious.

I didn't like Granny Saddlebags at first. I was going to pick up Nico and run him with Seamus for brawls. But after really looking at her rules, I think her and Som'er are the way to go. With Som'er drawing up your deck, her locking down your opponents, not to mention a fully healed 'skeeter casting A Gremlin's Luck, it presents huge advantages. Hex Woops! off a Gremlin and let him rip. Nurses to give Z or Som'er Armor 1, +2 Df, or juicing up a Warpig or Gremlin. Take a Warpig, give it a Massive Dose of Stimulant, Stik'm in Tha Ass, then give him a heal, use Obey and send it charging off. Then when he activates you have a stampeding, reactivating 12 Ch, 8 Cb Warpig that gets :+fate :+fate on damage. Thats 6 pretty beefy Pigcharges in one turn.

That's a fall off.

Conduit only works on one model at a time. It should be a feature of how Reconnect is worded, so here ya go! This is in the extra errata thread.

Voodoo Doll

Reconnect

(1) Reconnect

Replace description with: Target non-Master model is now the nominated model for Conduit. This ends Conduit on any other models nominated by this model.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the change with the Poison bit. One question though, the end of the first turn, they get 2 counters, next turn, they activate, take 2 wds, one counter goes away, then the end of the turn they get 2 more poison counters, and next turn when they activate they are taking 3 wounds, then the next turn 4 etc?

No, it always "refills" to two, if you know what I mean!? ;) It never builds past Poison 2 (this is because if you're already suffering Poison from an effect and the same effect causes it again, you replace the Poison with the highest number... in this case Poison 2 > Poison 1).

Edit: What I would like to know is if you put Conduit on something and later in the turn jabbed it with Zoraida's pins, giving it Poison 2. Would this stack with the Poison from Conduit? I'm assuming it would, which means when the poor recipient activates next turn it's gonna take 4 Wds!! :o

No, it always "refills" to two, if you know what I mean!? ;) It never builds past Poison 2 (this is because if you're already suffering Poison from an effect and the same effect causes it again, you replace the Poison with the highest number... in this case Poison 2 > Poison 1).

Edit: What I would like to know is if you put Conduit on something and later in the turn jabbed it with Zoraida's pins, giving it Poison 2. Would this stack with the Poison from Conduit? I'm assuming it would, which means when the poor recipient activates next turn it's gonna take 4 Wds!! :o

ok, good to know, it doesn't stack. Wasn't an issue in the game last night, but I will keep that in mind in the future. No idea about the Conuit/Pins stacking. I'd assume if anything like warmachine it would stack same name effects

• 1 month later...
Also, in a slightly Zoraida related note, because of Errata to Hamelin's Growing Command it is now possible to get off four obeys a turn!! :o Between Bewitching, Crystal Balling and Obeying the hell out of stuff (not to mention Irresistible Dance), you can really toy with your opponent's Crew. I find the prospect delicious.

You can actually get 5 Obeys off in a turn. Two from Hamelin, one from the Voodoo Doll, one from Zoraida (who creates a new Voodoo Doll with her other two actions), and one from the new Voodoo Doll.

Don't just use those on your opponent's Crew. Remember you can Obey your own stuff too. Throw a Mature Nephlim into the mix and you can really hose an opposing Master. Obey him to charge, activate him for three more attacks, then Obey him four more times to get a total of 8 painful strikes down on your target. I nearly pulled it off against Seamus but Seamus got to activate in the middle there and Slit Jugular twice in two attacks to kill him. No matter, though. He was almost dead at that point and the next turn, I did the same trick with Baby Kade and finished the guy off.